The FBI took my salvage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you guys hear about the Submarines that are tracking divers pressure transmitter signals for divers with wireless dive computers?

NetDoc:
Hey Rick,

I lost a watch down in the Keys... wanna help find it? wink

The KEYS???
Absolutly!!!! Is it warmer than 38F down there? I'll be right over!

Nextel has a service you can use that allows tracking the location of any phone on your account, if you have multiple phones. Accurate to less that 100 feet.

http://www.nextel.com/en/solutions/gps/index.shtml?id4=hero;gps

You can use it to track your kids, spouse or employees. Think the government can do at least that well? However, if they are going to go that far, you are already a "subject of interest"

Actually the American government mandated that ALL cell phone carriers in the US enable postion locating of cell phones. The reasons given was for 911 calls. You don;t think they might have other motives do you? :06:

here in our area, the service on cellphones is capable of tracking your immediate vicinity.

not good though in a way if you want to just sulk on your own.

paolov:
here in our area, the service on cellphones is capable of tracking your immediate vicinity.

They *can*, but no one is allowed to find out your permission without your express consent (except for emergency services/911)

You have reached the office of homeland security. We already know who you are, why you are calling, and where you sleep. Please hang up and a SWAT team will be with you momentarilly. **BEEEEEEEEP**

DEEPSEAWOLF:
You have reached the office of homeland security. We already know who you are, why you are calling, and where you sleep. Please hang up and a SWAT team will be with you momentarilly. **BEEEEEEEEP**

Heh. Ooooold joke in CS circles:

"Exciting career opportunities are available with the National Security Agency. If you are interested in a brochure, call your mother and ask for one."

paolov:

You should be able to turn off the GPS signal on your cell. That defeats the continuos signal. However, any 911 call will automatically activate the feature. I turned mine off.

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom