The joy of a p-valve - help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya I'm old enough that I can pretty much guarantee the distance.....I'm not going to get into a dialogue on expansion and contraction. Thanks

When I tried to use extra hose my biggest fear was a kink where the hose connected to the catheter. Now that I have a quick disconnect maybe I should try it again.

They make pills for that now.

I might be the only person that routes the hose straight down? I don't feel comfortable with it going up so i just do what feels natural. I use automotive fuel line for the hose and that prevents any kinking and I have it long enough to form a loop (the valve hose not my hose) against my thigh before the valve. The loop allows full range of motion without pulling on parts of me that I don't want pulled on at that particular time.

You want the Rochester Wide Band. There is another one called the "Spirit", these appear to be the same as the wide band. I received some of these in my last order.

They have adhesive inside of the condom. You don't need the velcro band to secure these to your penis; the adhesive takes care of that. The adhesive bond will last most of the day, so there is generally no issue with it blowing off during your dive.

Here's the run down on how to put it on. It's the same as a regular recreational condom except for the adhesive.

1.) Pull the rolled up condom off of the plastic cap that it's attached to.

2.) Stick your head fully into the rolled up condom, making sure the adhesive doesn't stick to you before the next step.

3.) Pinch your head through the end of the condom (this keeps you positioned properly before unrolling it), this will minimize unnecessary space between your head and the end of the condom. Unroll it.

4.) Once it's fully unrolled, squeeze your penis (never thought I'd be telling anybody that bit of advice). This sets the glue bond.

5.) Cut the tube extension that is protruding from the end of the condom. You want the remaining length of that tube to match the length of the barb on the p-valve hose.

6.) Don't forget to shave, Sasquatch.

Cheers,
Mitch

This may be a little late but I just found this thread. I would (and do) switch #5 with #1, call me over cautious, paranoid, etc, but I don't want scissors any ware near Mr. happy. For removing I have found a little baby oil works great for dissolving the glue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom