The most dangerous thing in the water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say woman is the most dangerous...either in the water or driving a car.

Say that next to my wife / dive buddy, and we might as well start your body recovery search! :lotsalove:

One word: complacency

I used rental gear only when I was doing the pool work. By the time that I was able to do my OW dives I had aquired a complete set of regs, gauges, wetsuit and BCD. The regs were used but I had them completely rebuild by the LDS's reg man. On one occasion I was diving with a set of new Oceanics which I had recently bought when the primary second stage started breathing wet on the second dive of the day. I was in the Keys and didn't have access to another of my second stages so I did borrow one from the operator next morning and used my octopus as a primary and used theirs as a secondary. After that I have been taking a couple extra second stage regs with me in case of a problem. I don't trust ANY operator's life-support rental equipment.

I agree with everyone. Here are my first three rental gear experiences (other than my training)
1. A leaking first stage (lost some of my air, how much, I do not know)
2. leaking second stage - stomach full of salt water
3. Depth guage did not work.

This is why I am buying my own geat this week!!!
I dove with rental gear (except wet suite) for years, then I got a bc that was too small -- when inflated it cut off my breathing substantially. Another time I got a reg that didn't (free flowed continuously)

I stopped diving until I could buy the rest of the gear I needed...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom