The most powerful fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I keep pumpin the Hollis F1. Give em a ride for yourself and see what you think. To qualify I'm pushin twins with cold gear and have more than adequate power plant.

Good one!

Not really. It's a bit more complicated than that. But thanks.

If you're diving to see cool stuff, you'll discover that no matter what fin you get, you're the slowest, noisiest, least-efficient creature in the water. I'd suggest getting whatever fins fit and don't make your muscles or joints hurt, then work on buoyancy control, trim and remaining still.

You'll see hundreds of times more cool stuff quietly hanging out in a small area than you will jetting around through the rocks and coral.

If you really need to do a lot of moving for some reason, I'd suggest a boat and/or a scooter, since no matter what fins you get, moving uses your air faster, which will shorten your dive.

Terry

OTOH, some of us enjoy swimming considerable distances. I'm currently just diving singles, and whenever I want to do a long swim and will be flutter kicking the whole way I use my split fins (black Bio-Fin Pros), as they won't give me cramps and are efficient on gas. I'd like to try a pair of Pro XTs sometime.

If I'm boat diving and puttering around in a single area where maneuverability is all and I want to do alternate kicks, then I use my Jets. And there's a huge difference in effort required between L and XL Jets, owing to the big jump in the size of the blade. I have no problem with L Jets and my warm water boots, but XL jets over my cold water boots or my turbosoles give me cramps, and hurt my hip and an old muscle tear if I have to swim any significant distance. Part of the problem may be due to one foot being loose in the foot pocket which wastes power, but both legs seem to get cramps about equally.

Guy

Back
Top Bottom