The "other" end of the DIR question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there an end to the DIR question???

I have a sense of humor, I can't be DIR............

MSilvia:
Too bad GUE is in your profile, or folks might be able to learn from your experience with it without accusing you of being brainwashed, eh?
They can call me anything they want, I'm not ashamed :D
MSilvia:
I'd like to dive with someone using an Air2... just to see if they still like it after an out-of-air drill where they either have to breathe out of it while ascending, or have me breathe out of it while they're ascending. I suspect it would be a less than clean drill, and I'm getting to enjoy those.
I did that a few times last summer, while I was still so anti-DIR because of the postings of some individuals that GUE training was NOT an option! I even dove a borrowed rig that had one once. I suppose if someone practiced with it and became proficient enough with it to be comfortable, it would work for them, but I hated it. One person I dove with several times refused to practice with it. She figured if it came to that, she would just know to use it. I never dove deeper than ~ 50 feet with her. Another diver had one for our Rescue class. He had practiced with it, knew it's limitations, but was OK with that. He knew it was not the optimum way to go about air-sharing, but made the descision that for him, he was willing to put up with the inconvenience on the occasional need for it to get rid of the "extra" hose.

Back
Top Bottom