The realities of adult diapers with dry suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you use the P-Valve then you will want to put the condom catheter on in the privacy of your home. The tip of the catheter can be discreetly attached to the hose in the dry suit with reasonable care on your part.

even better you can rig up a long hose (does this make your cath DIR?) and stick it out the window of the truck on your drive home. :rofl3:

*If you use either the incontinence pads I mentioned earlier, or the full on Depends, you will want to save that for home as well.

Whatever you end up using, just use common sense and you will be fine. Every method has advantages and disadvantages. Make your choice and dive.

Mark Vlahos

*Actually.. with the mens Depends that go on as a baby diaper and secure with either tape or button at the upper front (not the full underwear set-in type), you can remove and replace after dropping your dry suit and undergarment to waist level...of course being 'aware' of your surroundings at all times--'practice makes perfect' , then dispose the used one in a plastic bag. :)

*Actually.. with the mens Depends that go on as a baby diaper and secure with either tape or button at the upper front (not the full underwear set-in type), you can remove and replace after dropping your dry suit and undergarment to waist level...of course being 'aware' of your surroundings at all times--'practice makes perfect' , then dispose the used one in a plastic bag. :)

You can remove the incontinence pad in a similar manner as well, it is just not somthing I would encourage anyone to do in public.

Mark Vlahos

And how can you remain completely stable without touching something?

You may not be able to remain in place, depending on current, although facing the correct direction or utilizing a back kick can help with that, too. But you should be able to hover at the same depth, no matter what you are doing. It does take some time to learn how, though, especially if you are adding the task loading of removing your regulator, drinking, and replacing the reg.

pee slow.

in my few (ten or so) diaper dives, i have never had one leak. But i try very hard to pee slow.

I use depends pull ups. and the hardest part for me - is buying them.

I like the pull ups if the dive site is closed and privacy is avlb......but if at an open site I find the method I described above (#32) works fine...course not standing on a beach or open deck of a boat with 'everyone' starring.

Buying them...I am sorta old so knowone looks at me funny I guess,,,if they did I would just ask them 'what you staring at-BOO'!! LOL

I like the pull ups if the dive site is closed and privacy is avlb......but if at an open site I find the method I described above (#32) works fine...course not standing on a beach or open deck of a boat with 'everyone' starring.

My ballarina pull ups fit me a lot better then the bulky depends, but if I'm really hydrated (which i should be) I find that even peeing slowly does not result in everything being completely contained. Do you have that issue?

My ballarina pull ups fit me a lot better then the bulky depends, but if I'm really hydrated (which i should be) I find that even peeing slowly does not result in everything being completely contained. Do you have that issue?

Well I can't say I do to any uncomfortable sense ....but I fully understand your issue there and see it could be a problem....hmmmm....I have on rare occasion had a minor amount of leaking,....still better than springing a p-valve leak though as we guys can. Hope you can find a workable solution.

I have a Bladder Problem so i have to wear a condom Catheter with urinal tube attached and then attached to a Leg Bag that is Strapped to my Left Leg its the same for night time I have to use a Larger Leg bag but I wear an Adult nappy For extra protection When I first started doing my DrySuit Training I was wearing an adult nappy but now I'm diving dry suit I have a pee valve so i put on the Catheter hook up to the pee valve

Back
Top Bottom