The swap between dry and wet suit.. how do you do it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By a blow gun attachment for the LP hose.... Take some ballons down deep with you, inflate them, tie them, let them go, wait for the pop....... then tell your students see what will happen to your lungs if you hold your breath!

I don't take the drysuit hose off, I just tuck it in the back of my BCD. There's no need to remove it. You'll have 2 LP inflator hoses -- one for your BCD and one for your drysuit.

I zip tie mine to my backplate on the (very rare) wetsuit dives that I do. Oh, and what Thal said, any book that says you need the dive shop to install and remove hoses for you really needs to be relegated to the trash bin.

i'm still new, but i consider myself to be pretty intuitive. the textbooks he referred reek of PADI speak.:rofl3:
I think that's beyond PADI ... I have other suspects.

I take mine off if I go on a tropical trip.
But for most diving I leave it inplace and just tuck it in.

Obviously if you are diving with a dry suit then you have a low pressure feed to add to the dry suit (I haven't taken that course yet so I'm not even familiar with the look of the kit :p)

I zip-tied a small bolt-snap to it and clip it to a d-ring.

Never had much luck wrapping it around the tank neck or elsewhere. It always works it's way out.

Terry

Wow, all those unnecessary failure points just left there waiting to jump out and bite you when all it take to be safer is a couple of minutes.:D

All of my non-vintage dives are made with a BP/Hogarthian Harness/Wing rig. I have two small pieces of bungee that are attached to the bottom of the BP. They often hold a lift bag, but there is plenty of room to place the dry suit inflator hose. When not using a lift bag, I merely twist the bugee a few times and insert the hose.

This position retains it in a position where it is unlikely to be damaged, and it is not adding to the rig's drag.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

Even in the height of summer it can be as cold as 40 degrees on the bottom of Lake Erie. I've never even tried on my wetsuit since I went dry.

As others have said, either tuck the hose out of the way, or remove it and put an LP port plug in the hole you just opened up in the first stage. If you can check an o-ring, use a wrench, and turn a hex key (Allen wrench), you can do it. Anyone who tells you you can't is likely either ignorant, lawsuit-shy, or after your money.

I swap hoses back and forth on my regs pretty frequently, whenever I go from double to single tank diving. The process is only slightly more complex than screwing a nut into a bolt.

Back
Top Bottom