The view out my window(s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee: I liked the first one better as well. The second one was just a hatchet job in photoshop. The first one was not altered. However, the first one also did not fully reveal how nice the sunset was.

Uncle Pug: I was just "joshing" you. Seattle is one of my favorite cities, and I've seen the brilliant sunsets there. Everytime I'm in the PNW I luck out and get clear weather. You've got a great unobstructed view there, and it was a nice photo.

Igloo boy....I love it!!! Actually your correct its not from my residence but it is from a temporary residence. Its from a work site. Should be going in a couple of weeks if everything works out or after Christmas. I am not spending Christmas up there.....even Santa leaves.

under the fog lies Lake Stevens...
over the ridge and under the fog lies Puget Sound...
above the fog lies Whidbey Island...
under the other fog lies Admiralty Inlet...

dang Uncle Pug
cant you do anything right , i havent heard you not tearing up people for not being dir in awile what gives youmade regultor and got soft hey guy just kiding great picture

This is me standing outside of my office window.

http://www.benncool.com/images/270_jerry.jpg

I will take a picture tomorrow from the inside looking out. Fortunately, for me, I have a window on history.

https://wsm.ezsitedesigner.com/share/scrapbook/17/177239/monu.jpg

This is the view from my (dirty) window [Spring memo]. The tall obelisk in this picture is the Bennington Battle Monument. The Revolution War Battle of Bennington was fought near here on Aug. 16th 1777. Sorry folks from the UK,-- youse guys lost.

Hitting the Olympic mountain range weather coming off the Pacific Ocean splits into two streams... one flowing east up the Straits of Juan de Fuca and the other coming up from the southwest.

These two weather streams meet in Puget Sound somewhere between Seattle and Everett the exact location depending upon the direction and strength of the flow hitting the West side of the mountains.

Where they come together is called the Puget Sound Convergence Zone and it usually means... rain!

In the attached photo a well developed southwesterly is flowing around the Olympics. I wish that I had a superwide angle (not to mention better photo techniques) to show you the full extent of this phenomenon.

At this point a corresponding stream has not begun to flow up the Straights (off to the extreme right in the photo) so no convergence as of yet. If and when it does develop Puget Sound will be getting rain... guaranteed! :D

While it's not the same as Pugs views... but by the time I get my laptop fixed; I figure at the pace I've been getting snow I'll have the halfpipe that was once my driveway done! :)

Your last two pics make me jealous....sure wish I had something like that to look at here in OH...oh well, I guess I'll just have to play with that baby girl some more....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom