Thief strikes at CSSP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khacken

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After my second dive today I came out of the water only to find a thief had stolen my brain! Yup, completely missing. First I locked the keys in my trunk. Luckily after about an hour and a half, I was somehow able to get my arm back through a small hole. Then, after celebrating getting the keys out of there, I locked the keys in the front of the car. $50 dollars later and two hours later after finding out there aren't too many locksmiths in Terrel that can open a 350Z, I finally got to head home.

Yup, watch out for that darn brain thief there!

The other swampers there can vouch that the brain was completely gone. Hopefully, they will be able to post some pictures to help us find the brain. Now I have to use my spare, which ain't so good.

khacken:
After my second dive today I came out of the water only to find a thief had stolen my brain! Yup, completely missing. First I locked the keys in my trunk. Luckily after about an hour and a half, I was somehow able to get my arm back through a small hole. Then, after celebrating getting the keys out of there, I locked the keys in the front of the car. $50 dollars later and two hours later after finding out there aren't too many locksmiths in Terrel that can open a 350Z, I finally got to head home.

The other swampers there can vouch that the brain was completely gone. Hopefully, they will be able to post some pictures to help us find the brain. Now I have to use my spare, which ain't so good.

Bummer about your keys (twice, at that!).

How was your dive?

Yikes! Sorry to hear about that. Locking keys in the car is one of my specialties.

Don't you wish such a modern vehicle came with something like OnStar? If you are loosing your keys fairly often, one really good idea is to get a plastic key made and put in a magnetic box under the car (or any other really good hiding spot, just not in the gas cap).

Too bad you didn't have someone like Matt, of Maui Dreams Dive Co around.

In March I came up from a shore dive at a popular spot in Maui and discovered I had locked my keys in the car. Matt was standing around gearing up to take a bunch of people diving, but said "no problem, I'll just get my lockout kit". Using a little inflatable bag jammed between the window and the door pillar, he had the door unlocked in less than 5 minutes.

"An essential part of a dive instructors kit", he swears. "I have to open up students' cars all the time". Sure enough, a couple days later, I saw him popping the door on another car.

Maui Dreams Dive Co is a great bunch of people.
24.jpg

Dude, I can't believe you posted it!!!!!

We've got to work on your rigorous honesty inclinations. You're a Texas Swamp Diver for Pete's sake! Next time - yes there will be some kind of next - think hard before you do another international Mia Culpa. When I left we all swore that nobody would say anything on the board UNLESS you did. Now the flood gates are wide open.

Just remember you can't post any of our "Oh Sh##" moments unless we post it first!

Great seeing ya again.

khacken:

Lesson learned?
How about a brand new key on a brass snap secured under your car. Unlock the car and them immediately put it back in case Murphy decides to strike twice. I've had the same slim jim for 20 years and have unlocked quite a few cars. Every time I unlock a door I tell people to get a spare. I've wondered over the years how many people have actually listened.

khacken:

What a deal this was.... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom