Thigh Pocket (Dive Rite)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you put a reel in your x-shorts, it looks like you have a tumor on the side of your leg. :D

That's why you clip it to your butt D-ring. :wink:

Sitting on your wreck reel is not fun, Brane. I don't know anyone who actually dives with their reel on their butt. :D

I don't know about you but when I'm diving, I'm horizontal...not sitting. :wink: When I get out of the water I take it off my butt D-ring so I don't crush it when I sit down.

Hmm, I have only 2 dives on mine, but I really enjoyed having it. I'm keeping my EMT shears clipped in it, and I used it to bring up some really small stuff from the bottom. I'll be adding a spool soon as well. It never moved around, though I had the elastic stretched a bit (didn't feel it through my 7mm suit though) and the top strap around the waist strap of my harness.

Its kinda early to tell with only 2 dives on it, but so far I give it a thumbs up.

Bryan.

TheRedHead:
Frankly, it drove me nuts and I had to put it on my harness waistband. I just didn't like it hanging on my leg. Check ebay for x-shorts.

My experience with the thigh pocket is okay. They tends to shift around while I am finning underwater. Pockets on wetsuits and X-Shorts are more stable.

I have one but so far only used it while skindiving. The webbing was harshly trimmed with a hotknife and then sewn to the back of the pocket. It dug into the nylon facing of my former wetsuit. I stitched a sheet of vinyl fabric over the back to create a smooth face and it was OK.

I found I needed to set the straps for the way I dive which is unlike what you'd expect standing there gearing up.

Pete

I have one, but recently moved to a pocket attached to my wetsuit.

Personally, I found the DR thigh pocket handy, but annoying in that it always seemed to migrate from the side of my thigh to the front in the course of a dive. I found the elastic bits insufficient to both compensate for depth and keep it in position at the same time.

I like the pocket, though, and will probably dump the straps and glue/aquaseal it to my wetsuit or drysuit at some point instead of using the drop-down and thigh straps.

I have the Dive Rite pocket, too.

I finally cut off the straps and mounted the pocket on my waist band on the left side, against the backplate. It carries my spare mask.

Back
Top Bottom