Thigh Pocket (Dive Rite)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pathfinder:
I put the same pocket on my drysuit, except I removed the DUI label cuz I've got a Bare suit:wink: The pocket does work great, I really like the large stainless ring inside the flap for all the bolt snaps.

Dave

I just got another one in June for my newest wetsuit and it didn't have the logo label on it!!

Rainer:
UPDATE-
I ended up buying x-shorts (VERY cheap). Dove them on Sat for the first time. Quite useful, and with my (mostly) black wetsuit, they don't look nearly as bad as I thought they would. Thanks everyone.

OK, I'm intrigued, what are x-shorts and where do I find them? The question of a pocket is one that consantly vexes me. For bottle and fossil hunting, one never has enough storage locations (I hate putting a bunch of bottles in one bag!) As far as looking nerdy, I wear a hockey helmet with lights attached, so obviously I've given up any attempt at respect.

TheRedHead:
Sitting on your wreck reel is not fun, Brane. I don't know anyone who actually dives with their reel on their butt. :D
I've seen several clipped off there.(safety reels)
It is apparently a streamlining thing, making it
kinda popular with divers diving high flow caves.
Of course,with that in mind.
You'll usually see mine at my rear left waist D-ring.
Mostly because I can't always get to the rear D-ring,and
that is also where I keep my lift bag at. (Across bottom facing LHS)

X-shorts are neoprene shorts with the pockets already sewn onto them. There were at one time a bunch on e-bay, but they all appear to have sold. The retail price from 5thD-X is high, but they are awfully useful, and when you consider that the cheapest glue-on pockets I found were $30 apiece, the price doesn't seem quite so bad.

For a product similar (if not identical) to x-shorts at a better price check out scuba discounters: http://www.scubadiscounters.com/cat...d=738&osCsid=ae662ad19730971953e99c7e45bf4cad

Disclaimer: I didn't get mine from the above site, but they look exactly the same as x-shorts as far as I can tell.

Also, you could try calling 5thD-X and asking if they have any left. Recently they still had some units with small defects (user repairable) available for $20 a pair in sizes S and M.

P.S. I also didn't like the Dive-Rite thigh pocket; too small and annoying to put on and take off.

Don't like it. I got mad and cut all the mounting straps off then I glued it to my wetsuit in the right place.

Doesn't move now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom