Things you can't bring into Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
If you do, you're smuggling, and if you get caught - it'll be expensive. The list is rather long, but worth a review.

E-cigarettes seem to be a common problem from some FB discussions I've seen. Don't try it. Just do without until you get there where you can purchase them locally. Yeah, that sounds dumb. My guess is that it prevents travelers from importing other drugs and lying that they're E-cigs.

Used clothing, for health and sanitation reasons and to protect Mexican clothing manufacturers. Donate those items to your local charities and bring money to share.

Inhalers and allergy meds containing pseudoephedrine are outlawed in Mexico. Yeah, some of us do carry those in, but it's risky.

Here's the list: Prohibited Items Bring Cozumel - Cozumel 4 You

I dont get mexican humor at all.

They banned bringing drugs to Cozumel? Seriously? [Generally, I dont travel with lead weights, when I know that the dive shop at my destination, has plenty of them. ]

They banned sandwiches 3 times. 4, if it has american cheese. They hate sandwiches! [Babylon Bee?]

My half eaten bottle of phenylephrine hci nasal decongestant made it through. Am I an outlaw?

Images of any kind that represent children in a denigrating or ridiculous way, in attitudes of incitement to violence or destruction

So I guess the Far-Side (and the many picrtures of my kid making stupid faces) is(are) now good for jail-time. :(
nq4sf0oz77921.png

Ah, hell. That's almost my entire Christmas wish list.​
Well, the partridge AND the pear tree would be prohibited.

My half eaten bottle of phenylephrine hci nasal decongestant made it through. Am I an outlaw?
Nah, that's a placebo. Science | AAAS.
Generally, I dont travel with lead weights, when I know that the dive shop at my destination, has plenty of them.
I checked bags containing weights once for a liveaboard in California that didn't provide any as it catered to locals. I should have asked if they could for me. My bag came apart in LAX. Delta wrote me a generous check on the spot tho, and I repaired it with cable ties.

One-pound trim weights are a good idea to pack. Why did you bring weights up? They're not on the list.
They banned sandwiches 3 times. 4, if it has american cheese. They hate sandwiches!
Yeah, they got carried away with that listing.

Nah, that's a placebo. Science | AAAS.

One-pound trim weights are a good idea to pack. Why did you bring weights up? They're not on list.
I was trying to make an analogy. I failed.

I wouldnt bring drugs to the place drugs come from, as I wouldnt bring lead weights to a dive boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom