Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a link to the thread of my most recent and most coolest find. I had forgotten that this thread existed!

Aside from the usual trash (bottles, cans, broken up boats, 1000's of old lobster traps) I've found a shaft & propeller - probably from a sail boat, 10 pounds of assorted lead, 30+pds of weight on a bright yellow weight belt, silver ring (still wear it), lots of lures, old clay whiskey jug, and an old brass lobster gauge. Hoping to find something good this summer.

hey rat? what kind of detector do you have, and where do you go to find all that?

I've found with my buddy old mobile phone. It was Nokia 6230i and snorkel. The phone was in the sand in Orlik lake in CZ and snorkel is from Blue Hole. I hope I'll find something more interesting soon. :)

Last week we were contacted about a five year old girl who is diabetic. She recieves her insulin directly by a pump that she wears on her belt (about the size of a big cell phone). On a fishing trip, locally, with her dad, she dropped the pump over the side of the boat. The pump ($5000) was insured, but the insurance company requires the old pump to process the claim.

My son and I spent a couple hours in the water saturday, in Stockton Lake Missouri, 3 ft viz, and found the pump.

One of those "warm and fuzzy", "make yourself feel good", things.:D

a golf ball and various garbage. nothing cool at all......

1218038591.jpg

We did a catch and release on this one.

Back
Top Bottom