Info This Debit Card Has Zero Fees For Foreign Currency

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have seen the Schwab debit card often mentioned on SB as a way to avoid ATM fees and get some peace of mind against being hacked when withdrawing local currency. It's mostly what I use. I transfer just enough cash to my Schwab checking account for the trip, so if my card gets skimmed it won't drain more than that.

Schwab, Fidelity, and Ally (Ally up to $10/mo) reimbursed.

Can one open Schwab account and it operates just like a regular bank account with cc, etc.? Do you have to be an "investor" with Schwab or can open an account without any other requirements?

Can one open Schwab account and it operates just like a regular bank account with cc, etc.? Do you have to be an "investor" with Schwab or can open an account without any other requirements?
The Schwab checking account is bundled with a Schwab investor account; Schwab doesn't offer a standalone checking account option. However, you don't have to use the investor account to use the checking account.

Cabelas Capital one MasterCard has no foreign transaction fee. Been using it for many years for international travel

As a credit card if it gets hacked the most you are out is 50.00. That has happened to me twice, never charged. The CC actually caught the fraud before I did

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom