This Equipment is STELLAR!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let Me Guess......only Apeks For You. I've Had Nothing But Good Luck With The Oceanic Gear That I've Owned After Diving In The Cold Waters Of The Puget Sound For 13 Years. I'm Also Not A Big Kool Aide Fan.

Fan of that shift key, though, huh?

Which stuff do you have a problem with? My only complaint right now is how little detail and enlarged views there are on the website.

For starters, how about that "Cave Wing" of theirs. Based on the picture and discription alone I wouldn't dive it without some modification. I really hope they are not puting that POS inflator on it since that would be the first to go. Also, that ball on the lower dump needs to go in the trash. If they are trying to produce gear for the technical market then they should've known that those thing can be problematic at best. I really don't want to critique all their gear. It just seems some of it should've been better thought out...that's all. At least they are trying, and competition is healthy for the market. I am interested in seeing the final product though, to see if they fix some of this stuff.

Not a comment about the quality, Oceanic makes pretty good stuff, but it is decidedly middle of the road, it rarely stands out as revolutionary.

Not a comment about the quality, Oceanic makes pretty good stuff, but it is decidedly middle of the road, it rarely stands out as revolutionary.

Middle of the road in what respect? Who do you consider to be revolutionary?

For starters, how about that "Cave Wing" of theirs. Based on the picture and discription alone I wouldn't dive it without some modification. I really hope they are not puting that POS inflator on it since that would be the first to go. Also, that ball on the lower dump needs to go in the trash. If they are trying to produce gear for the technical market then they should've known that those thing can be problematic at best. I really don't want to critique all their gear. It just seems some of it should've been better thought out...that's all. At least they are trying, and competition is healthy for the market. I am interested in seeing the final product though, to see if they fix some of this stuff.

OK, well for starters I've seen a lot of doubles wing with the pull dumps, I just cut the cord. As for the power inflator, I can't tell anything in the tiny picture, but it looks like a power inflator, what's the big deal? Either way I'm sure we can all agree we're looking forward to seeing a better more in depth website, and hopefully some product in real life to really get an understanding of it.

Back
Top Bottom