This Equipment is STELLAR!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, well for starters I've seen a lot of doubles wing with the pull dumps, I just cut the cord. As for the power inflator, I can't tell anything in the tiny picture, but it looks like a power inflator, what's the big deal? Either way I'm sure we can all agree we're looking forward to seeing a better more in depth website, and hopefully some product in real life to really get an understanding of it.

Why would you cut the cord when they should've made it right in the first place. Beside, if you cut the cord then it's to short and you need to replace it. Also, look at the style of inflator. If that's what they are truely using, then it either needs to be turned around or replaced. You put a button on the outside of the inflator and dive deco bottles or stages, you are only asking for trouble.

Middle of the road in what respect? Who do you consider to be revolutionary?

Thats the problem, really nobody making Open Water - Open Circuit gear at the moment has a revolutionary line. Green Force makes a totally unique and evolutionary light. Manta makes an evolutionary reel. Aqualung/Apeks makes a forward looking reg (over balanced). But none of these are actually revolutionary, that having been said, I dont think anyone in their right mind would argue that Oceanic makes anything that isnt already made by another vendor. The Oceanic stuff might be cheaper, or easier to get, or more mainstream, but it is hardly unique. Hollis doesn't appear, at least from their website, to be any different, Ill be at DEMA tomorrow, maybe I will be proven wrong.

Why would you cut the cord when they should've made it right in the first place. Beside, if you cut the cord then it's to short and you need to replace it. Also, look at the style of inflator. If that's what they are truely using, then it either needs to be turned around or replaced. You put a button on the outside of the inflator and dive deco bottles or stages, you are only asking for trouble.

I cut the cord on an old OMS I had, since I didn't need the pull dump. I don't disagree with you that it's unnecesarry, I don't know that it would be an absolute deal breaker for me tho. I get what you mean about the position of the button on the outside. I've never had mine bash into my slung tanks hard enough to bother, but I also had short inflator hoses on that wing. My current wing has the button in. Good food for thought tho, thanks.

Please Post After You See The Product. Like I Said Earlier. The Pics On The Site Are Pretty Bad, So It Would Be Great To Hear Some Feedback After You See It.

I notice this has not stopped you.

Thats the problem, really nobody making Open Water - Open Circuit gear at the moment has a revolutionary line. Green Force makes a totally unique and evolutionary light. Manta makes an evolutionary reel. Aqualung/Apeks makes a forward looking reg (over balanced). But none of these are actually revolutionary, that having been said, I dont think anyone in their right mind would argue that Oceanic makes anything that isnt already made by another vendor. The Oceanic stuff might be cheaper, or easier to get, or more mainstream, but it is hardly unique. Hollis doesn't appear, at least from their website, to be any different, Ill be at DEMA tomorrow, maybe I will be proven wrong.

From what I've seen of the Green Force lights, I tend to agree. Don't know anything about the Manta Reels so can't comment. As far as regulators go, Apeks is hardly the only one making over balanced regs, and aren't the only one that makes things that are made by another vendor. In fact I think everyone's regs have something virtually identical in basic principle to someone else. Any of the big names out there sell regulators that are capable of as cold and deep as any advanced tech diver is going to take them, Oceanic included. From an engineering standpoint, as soon as someone makes a reg that sets me on my heels and makes me take notice, I'll buy it. Until then I'm happy to use high performance, easily serviceable regs, from whoever is reliable. Regardless of if there were the first or the 50th to do it. Besides, just because you are the first to do something, doesn't guarantee you're the best at it.

Apeks is hardly the only one making over balanced regs, and aren't the only one that makes things that are made by another vendor.

I dont disagree at all, it is my understanding from the patent that they did invent the the overbalanced first stage, but you are right.

just because you are the first to do something, doesn't guarantee you're the best at it.

Definitely correct, but Hollis is marketing themselves as something special, and I just dont see it...I notice that their one "cutting edge" product, the rebreather, was bought from another company.

Also, and more to the point of this thread, it looks as though nobody has actually taken this gear diving so calling is stellar is a little premature.

Definitely correct, but Hollis is marketing themselves as something special, and I just dont see it...I notice that their one "cutting edge" product, the rebreather, was bought from another company.

Also, and more to the point of this thread, it looks as though nobody has actually taken this gear diving so calling is stellar is a little premature.

Prism RB, X-Scooter clone, OMS looking wings, 12W HID light.

Whoop de do, comes to mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom