This Is Just Wrong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The sad part is that he really is a talented person. I think that if things had been different, we all could have benefited more from his abilities. Sad. :(

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
... if these where photos of an anorexia nervosa sufferer's decline we probably would be filled with sorrow... or at least should be.

I have a friend whose daughter is a stick figure at this point and will probably die... it is so very sad...

A terrible situation, I have a close relative who went through it, but made it out, it was a harrowing deal for all of us, best wishes to your friends and family

What's the difference between Michael Jackson and a shopping bag?

One's white plastic and dangerous to children...

The other is what you take your groceries home in!

but it appears he suffers from BDD - body dismorphic disorder. Uncle Pug's anorexia diagnosis is in the same family of ailments. BDD is similar (my understanding) but more focused on particular body parts - with MJ - his face. Given his constant exposure to the public from an early age, developing an unhealthy and unrealistic image of himself seems probable. Do we have any mental health professionals on the board?

I have a great deal of sympathy and pray he finds the help he (obviously) needs. I find it hard to fathom that no one has stepped in to stop him from further damage or provide the kind of medical treatment he needs. The practitioners who continue to butcher him should have their license revoked. They must have been out the day they reviewed the 'do no harm' part of the hypocratic oath..

It's just sad.

He is a product of his own distorted self image and the greed of plastic surgeons who are willing to do anything to anyone who asks for it.

Chad

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
... if these where photos of an anorexia nervosa sufferer's decline we probably would be filled with sorrow... or at least should be.

I have a friend whose daughter is a stick figure at this point and will probably die... it is so very sad...

Anyway... just another way of looking at things... I think that what you are seeing is the unfortunate combination of a severe psycological problem, too much money and unscrupulous surgeons.
Dammit Pug, can't you once just be one of the guys! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom