Thistlegorm on air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Subex do have steel tanks which is nice. However 28% is nitrox. Its about 21% therefore its enriched air. And ALL the training agencies class it as such and require a certification to use. There is no such thing as "air 28". What they're doing is giving a lean nitrox mix to unqualified people.

Thistlegorm is easily doable on air but you'll get less bottom time and/or more stops then with a nitrox mix.

I've done it on air 4 times and 2 dives each day. I've had no problems with air and my dives were each 35-45 minutes; plenty of time to roam around the boat.

the Nitrox course takes time and can't be done in a day.

the Nitrox course takes time and can't be done in a day.

Rubbish. The nitrox course can be easily done in about 2 hours on a boat journey to the site. Its not even half a morning yet alone a day.

The nitrox course can be easily done in about 2 hours on a boat journey to the site. Its not even half a morning yet alone a day.
True, especially that nowadays the majority of agencies doesn't require any dives to obtain the Nitrox certificate; only a couple of theoretical sessions!

Rubbish. The nitrox course can be easily done in about 2 hours on a boat journey to the site. Its not even half a morning yet alone a day.
Oh yeah, that in fact what I did: just on the way from Tiran straits to Sharm including analyzer use..(with Subex through SSI instructor); once we arrived I sat for the exam & he showed me the 2 gas blending techniques they use in their dive centre.
The truth is: I just ride my computer through my Nitrox dives (properly set of course) - breath in & breath out :D.

Please see my other post in this forum regarding the 28 tank from Subex.

I'm not sure whether the experienced divers here are serious about not analyzing your tank before the dive because its "standard 28%". I sure as heck would want to know what my MOD is before dropping off to 30 meters. I thought that the protocol is ALWAYS to analyze your own tank when diving EANx. :no:

Your assumptions and questions are demonstrating why you need to take the Nitrox course, take the time and spend the money to get your Nitrox cert

I'm not sure whether the experienced divers here are serious about not analyzing your tank before the dive because its "standard 28%". I sure as heck would want to know what my MOD is before dropping off to 30 meters. I thought that the protocol is ALWAYS to analyze your own tank when diving EANx. :no:

I agree, definetly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom