Three finger glove and air pressure?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm... I have no experience diving with 3 fingered gloves, but I'd probably just go with showing the SPG to him.

Ditto.

Either that or give the OK signal.

Wetnotes or a slate and a pencil

If it is cold enough for three finger mitts, the slate and pencil idea may not be the best idea. Three finger mitts also generally also implies a wet suit and in three finger mitt tempurature water , a wet suit will leave you get cold enough that the mitts are not enough.

In contrast, in a dry suit even on an ice dive, if you have adequate undergarments, good 5mm gloves with intact seams are enough to keep your hands warm - and often better than many dry gloves where the liners are often too thin.

In any event, in three finger mitts it's just a lot quicker to show him the SPG.

If none of the above works, take off the glove, signal you buddy and put the glove back on.

If it is cold enough for three finger mitts, the slate and pencil idea may not be the best idea. Three finger mitts also generally also implies a wet suit and in three finger mitt tempurature water , a wet suit will leave you get cold enough that the mitts are not enough.

In contrast, in a dry suit even on an ice dive, if you have adequate undergarments, good 5mm gloves with intact seams are enough to keep your hands warm - and often better than many dry gloves where the liners are often too thin.

In any event, in three finger mitts it's just a lot quicker to show him the SPG.

Not if you're diving Antarctica. :D
My DSO came back from a recent trip there and said that their dive team had to choose between warmth (lobster gloves or 3-finger mitts and liners) and dexterity (dry gloves with liners).
Tough choice when you have to take notes and pictures on every dive.

With our program we just show each other's pressure gauge when checking air, or we trust each other when given an OK for an air check. (We're all on the same page with our individual psi turn around for each dive)
But having said that with 3-finger mitts or lobster gloves, all OK's were changed into the "fist tapping head" OK

Show the gauge works for me when i wear mitts.

Up here in the frozen north we learn with three finger mitts on in OW, I have supplied some photos to show the different numbers. In order it should go 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. I use the back of the hand to do 6-10. Or use both hands, whatever works best for you.

-- nielsent

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 68
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 76
Up here in the frozen north we learn with three finger mitts on in OW, I have supplied some photos to show the different numbers. In order it should go 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. I use the back of the hand to do 6-10. Or use both hands, whatever works best for you.

-- nielsent

How come you only ever used one finger when you dove with me???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom