Thursday 20th July, 2006 - Weigh-in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

see if they have thai ice tea, that will satisfy any sweet tooth, not sure if it's any better than coke though....

almitywife:
im hoping i can get thru the night without drinking coke... ive been coke free for 10 weeks now and that alone has made a big difference to my moods and weight!

onwards and downwards everyone!
It is sooo groossss when you taste coke for the first time after a hiatus. I went months before I tasted it and dang!, it was yukky. You will wonder why you ever liked the stuff in the first place.
It is still on my list of no nos. No carbonated beverages.

Kw,

I was 257 when I started 5 months ago, and steady progression has brought me to 220 as of Thursday. I have little ups and downs, but for the most part it's been pretty steady. This is a small but great group and we've been encouraging each other for the past few months, so welcome aboard.

Here you go Almity. It's not the best, my eyes were closed, and it was from about 6 weeks ago, but it definately shows improvement. And Jenny - step away from the ice cream! And I had heard that you shouldn't mix protiens, although I am at breakfast, lol!

Can't upload, and the image is too small in the avatar. Oh well. I'll have to figure out another way.

Colby, your progress is awesome. I've dropped off the face of the earth for a bit, due to work and some personal stuff, but after a month long plateau, I'm back. I'm down a total of 31 lbs. so far, and halfway to my short term goal of 60 lbs by our T&C trip at the end of October. hehe...I can't wait to see all my dive buddies who haven't seen ME since March in my new improved body!

Thanks Giggi, and welcome back. That's excellent progress and you will stun them all :)

I lost 1/2 lb this week. I've lost 4 1/2 since June 18. I would like to lose 48 more. Before that, it took me about a year to lose 33 lbs, but that was with a lot of cheatin':D
I'm craving Chinese food though. And the diet stuff won't just do. I want General Tso's Chicken. Yum yum

Ya'll are defiantly inspirational. fairybasslet, you can often get the dished made with stirfried chicken, while working at a Thia place last time I did this, I would get them to do that for me.. I don't have the discipline to not eat the things I love, so I find ways to make it a little bit healthier.. : ( Vietnamese food is pretty healthy though, if you want Asian food... spring rolls(not the fried ones) are good. also, there is a noodle dish, we called it lemon grass noodles, that is a thin rice noodle with grilled chicken and salad with a thin, vinegar based sweet and sour sauce to pour over it...really good.

hi, my name is lorraine and its been 10 weeks since my last coke - STILL!!!

morning all, well i survived the night without having a coke... but by the end of the night while just sitting around talking was when i got really tempted.. i wonder if thats what its like for social smokers

dinner was nice, i did cheat and pick at 2 other meals but more to taste them than to eat so i dont think i did too much damage, especially as i stayed away from the rice.... but will be walking this morning and tonight for just in case!!

woohooo Gigi and Fairy!!! if we all did the paperclip thing like Jennys daughter (she puts a clip on the fridge for every 1lb lost) there would be a shortage of the little buggers!

todays challange is choclate souffle!!! the child for some nuts reason wants to make one so i figured that we will be trialing all the ways not to make them first! grrrr, hopefully hubby will take it for the team and eat the stuff to save me :D

yesterday i also decided this tired old body needed a boost so i snuck away for a half priced 90min facial.... mmmmmmmmmm, total bliss!

well with some of the new hottie profile pics ive seen lately ive set the date of august 10th (my birthday) to posts my before and during photo here... i still have a ways to go but i can see the difference so happy to show if that would spur any of us on!!

so as barry white would say, lets get it on... or in our cases - OFF!! (umm, weight, not clothes guys :eyebrow: )

Kwbyron:
Ya'll are defiantly inspirational. fairybasslet, you can often get the dished made with stirfried chicken, while working at a Thia place last time I did this, I would get them to do that for me.. I don't have the discipline to not eat the things I love, so I find ways to make it a little bit healthier.. : ( Vietnamese food is pretty healthy though, if you want Asian food... spring rolls(not the fried ones) are good. also, there is a noodle dish, we called it lemon grass noodles, that is a thin rice noodle with grilled chicken and salad with a thin, vinegar based sweet and sour sauce to pour over it...really good.
Hmmm. that sounds yummy. I think there's a Vietnamese place in the next town over from me but I never tried it. I think I will now. Thanks.

WTG Almity. Glad you were able to resist the Coke and you did real good with the other stuff!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom