time change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if the airlines will play along. As I understand they are not going to change time for US DST so from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November they will be back to US central time. When I looked last week the airlines were maintaining there schedules and only the local time in CZM temporarily shifts.
U.S. airlines never change their flights when Cozumel time changes. They leave the U.S. at the same time but their arrival time by local clock is different. Their departure time from Mexico is different, but arrival in the U.S. is the same.

Not sure if the airlines will play along.

They have absolutely no choice about whether to "play along". Localities are allowed to call time whatever they want.

Airlines don't care, though, because they operate on Universal Time. They're not going to change takeoff and landing times in UTC, they'll just report a "schedule change" that involves arrivals and departures at CZM and CUN being one hour later than on itineraries published before the time change and no change in times for other airports. Simple.

Not sure if the airlines will play along. As I understand they are not going to change time for US DST so from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November they will be back to US central time. When I looked last week the airlines were maintaining there schedules and only the local time in CZM temporarily shifts.
That's what they always do. The US departure and arrival times stay the same and the Q Roo A and D times change when they move their clocks.

Oh boy, time to get confused. :idk:

I'm flying into Cancun on Saturday 1/31 at 6PM and going diving Sunday at 8AM. I'm coming from NY, which is a timezone ahead (or behind, depending how you look at it).

So, when I land, my watch will say 1PM (NY TIme) , but it will be 12 noon local time. So if I just wait until midnight, the locals will move their clocks ahead, and my watch will be correct again? :confused: Or I will get to the boat 2 hours early? Or two hours late?

Oh boy, time to get confused. :idk:

I'm flying into Cancun on Saturday 1/31 at 6PM and going diving Sunday at 8AM. I'm coming from NY, which is a timezone ahead (or behind, depending how you look at it).

So, when I land, my watch will say 1PM (NY TIme) , but it will be 12 noon local time. So if I just wait until midnight, the locals will move their clocks ahead, and my watch will be correct again?

Yes, except that they make the change at 2AM, which then becomes 3AM.

I thought that Google would help clear up any confusion after the changed, but nope - failed! If you google time cozumel it still shows Coz on Centreal. The correct time is seen at Current local time in Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico but wow google, you missed...!! :confused:

Sure enough, I got an email last night from Delta, informing me that my flight to CUN has changed and now arrives an hour later. The change on the return flight is good because it gives us more time to get to the airport (CUN).

I did received an email of my arrival time change for Cancun, instead of 7pm it's 8pm. Now, I hope I don't missed the last ferry out to Cozumel. I did however had to get my flight changed coming home. With the time changed they also changed my departure time to 8:30am instead of my original time of 1:30pm to off gas. They did changed it, so I didn't have to cancel my last day of diving. Some of you probably wondering why I didn't fly to Cozumel directly that's because I'm staying one week in Cozumel and one week in PDC.

[SMV][SMV][/SMV][/SMV]
I thought that Google would help clear up any confusion after the changed, but nope - failed! If you google time cozumel it still shows Coz on Centreal. The correct time is seen at Current local time in Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico but wow google, you missed...!! :confused:

And still no correction to Google time:

6:43 PM
Sunday, March 1, 2015 (CST)
Time in Cozumel

---------- Post added March 1st, 2015 at 08:48 PM ----------

But the El Cid webcam has the correct time Cozumel, Quintana Roo - Webcams de México

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom