Timex helix dive watch. How deep have you taken it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terrasmak:
I will never buy a Timex again , i killed 2 of there watches in two days . First was an Ironman rated to 100 meters and died at 154FSW , next was a reefgear rated to 50 meters and died at 61FSW. I contacted Timex all they did was tell me to buy a 200 meter watch for diving.

They probably can withstand that much pressure, until you put it on your wrist and swing it around, its no longer seeing static pressure, remember how dense water is, push and object through it and the pressure on it increases, thats probably also under ideal conditions, just like U320 hard drives are rated at 320, but you'll never see it in the real world.

the other thing about the Helix is that the buttons are safe to use underwater. Most Timex watches don't have that feature -- they're good down to whatever the rated depth is, just don't touch the buttons.

I suspect they would account for static vs. dynamic pressure in giving it a depth rating. What the calculation is, who knows.

hoosier:
And, did you get any warranty service from them?
Not at all , and not willing to help . They pretty much told me to go buy a new watch , si i bought a casio .

Back
Top Bottom