Timex Helix DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just tried mine out this weekend as a backup to my Atmos2. It read the temperature, depth, and time almost exactly the same as the Atmos2, so I'm happy that it's working and accurate. I'm not sure where to attach it though, right now it's on a velcro band that I wear on my arm (the band it came with is not long enough to go over a dry suit), but I think I would prefer to have it out of the way to use only if and when I have issues with the Atmos2. If anyone has suggestions, let me know.

kazinvan:
I just tried mine out this weekend as a backup to my Atmos2. It read the temperature, depth, and time almost exactly the same as the Atmos2, so I'm happy that it's working and accurate. I'm not sure where to attach it though, right now it's on a velcro band that I wear on my arm (the band it came with is not long enough to go over a dry suit), but I think I would prefer to have it out of the way to use only if and when I have issues with the Atmos2. If anyone has suggestions, let me know.

I've seen people manage to bungee it. Just wanted to let you know, DON'T PUSH BUTTONS UNDERWATER!!!! Just a friendly reminder. The velcro band is a good idea as well. I'm glad that the watch is working out for you.

kazinvan:

Wrap it around your SPG and Depth guage. That way is is right where you want it if you need it if a failure of your primary occurs.

Practical use of the watch? I just want it to work as a backup timer/depth gauge. Put it in Dive Track sounds right, but does surf cont or surf pause do the trick? The manual is less than clear -- I suspect that in one or the other setting (cont or pause), the timer should stop when you go above 5 feet -- which mode? Does one or the other mode then start a new segment. time 0, when you go back in and get below 5'? Thanks. (Looks like a cool backup device, but man oh man this must be at least a runner-up in the butt-ugly design award category :)

I hate the stupid thing. I rigged it up with bungees but the buttons press too easily and stop timing in the middle of a dive.

It lives in my dive bag just in case I break my main BT.

That's true, but it is depending on where you wear it on. Where did you put it on?

jonnythan:
I hate the stupid thing. I rigged it up with bungees but the buttons press too easily and stop timing in the middle of a dive.

It lives in my dive bag just in case I break my main BT.

My forearm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom