Timex Helix DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to thank m7scuba. He got me a DM slightly higher than Walmart but cheaper than any where else. Thanks again. Dove last Wed. with it. Works great.

I picked up mine at eBay. It was a good deal, about $29 shipped per each.
As Jonnythan, the buttons are pressed too easily, but after using the wrist band, I don't have any problem. I put it on the upper forearm... DM shows the exact same information about temp, depth, bottom time, and surface interval as D9.

fmw625:
I want to thank m7scuba. He got me a DM slightly higher than Walmart but cheaper than any where else. Thanks again. Dove last Wed. with it. Works great.
Thanks for the plug. I have 2 white ones left if anyone is interrested.

Turns out, Walmart STILL has the Helix DM's, but on the clearance shelves (as of today, May 11, 2005, in Milpitas, CA at MacArthy Ranch). There were 4 to choose from, all blue (3 with orange buttons, 1 with white... I chose white). I got it for $20. There were NO markings at all on the case that this even had a depth meter. It just said water resistant. No wonder these are discontinued... no one knew about em! I had to open the case and read the back which had DEPTH stamped on the back. At $20, what a find!

BTW, I think the watch is aesthetically ugly as sin, but trying to be cool (as evident in the owner's manual). It's big. Like having a double-stuff Oreo cookie on your wrist with a Nike blue rubber band strap. The LCD face is 1970's digital watch plain.

Hey, grab the rest and sell here with $5 margin.:wink: Many members will appreciate it.

chimchim:
Turns out, Walmart STILL has the Helix DM's, but on the clearance shelves (as of today, May 11, 2005, in Milpitas, CA at MacArthy Ranch). There were 4 to choose from, all blue (3 with orange buttons, 1 with white... I chose white). I got it for $20. There were NO markings at all on the case that this even had a depth meter. It just said water resistant. No wonder these are discontinued... no one knew about em! I had to open the case and read the back which had DEPTH stamped on the back. At $20, what a find!

BTW, I think the watch is aesthetically ugly as sin, but trying to be cool (as evident in the owner's manual). It's big. Like having a double-stuff Oreo cookie on your wrist with a Nike blue rubber band strap. The LCD face is 1970's digital watch plain.

hoosier:
Hey, grab the rest and sell here with $5 margin.:wink: Many members will appreciate it.

Low margin, low volume; not a good use of time. :flush: :)

Anyone here need one?

BTW, how does the tracker work exactly? When I start it, will it automatically save lap times by depth segments? Or is it just going to track the entire dive time below 5ft?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom