Tipping etiquette when diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you all like the tip jar type tipping that goes on at some other locations or the absence of it in Cozumel? Do you think the tips would be better with it since it would be a visual reminder for tips, because as we know 100% of scuba boarders tip but no scuba boarders are ever on a dive boat with you.

15-20% seems to be the standard for most places. Tip daily so you know who is getting it. I usually tip the guys that clean my gear $10/day. I dont think the get part of the tip share.

I am not sure how most people tip the help at all inclusive hotels. I usually give 10 bucks a day to the waiter/bar tender that helps me, and 5 bucks each way to the guys that carry my luggage. When I cruise the island bar hopping, I tip 3 dollars for every 2 drinks.

Enjoy your vacation!

What you pay in tips is up to you and dependent on the service received. Cozumel is a bargain for me so I try to be generous.

$20/day for 2 tank dives, $5-10/day for housekeeping and if at an all inclusive food service people get $5/meal unless the service is really good, maybe more. I have always had good luck with food service with that. For meals downtown it is always 20% or more if the service is good.

If the service you got was more than expected tip more, if less tip less. Tipping is very subjective.

Back
Top Bottom