Tips for Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there, we went in July last year and had a great time. We had two "nervous" divers with us and by the third day, they were very happy. The diving is the easiest I have ever done, I would recommend the Salt Pier, just because it is so different. I would highly recommend two restaurants, the first.. Casablanca is Argintina and it was some of the best food we had. The second is Gibi's Terrace. EVERYONE must meet Gibi. He is a legend. Both places are in converted houses in the same area. Gibi is good friends with the guy who has the Bonair webcams and they meet everyone, I think on Thursday.
I think I would leave Casablanca as the last restaurant to go to before departing. It will leave you with great memories.I hope this helps, I am really jealous. I would go back in a heartbeat. This time we are going to Cozumel and I am a little nervous. I have never been there before.

lynnemari:
you said you still need buddies for the May cozumel trip?
My husband and I will be in cancun May 21-28th and doing some day trips to cozumel to dive.
Lynne :mermaid:

Hi Lynne!
I wish the dates were the same. I'll be there May 1st to May 8th during Cinco De Mayo and all the hoopla!

I hope next time our paths will cross. :)

Pettifogger:
If you do any boat dives, make sure you only go to Klein Bonaire sites, there is no point in taking a boat to any of the major Bonaire sites (except the East Side, which very few make it to). My first boat dive ever on Bonaire was to the Salt Pier - I can't believe I paid for that....

My list of Dont's:
1) Don't leave ANYTHING you don't want to lose or have permantly "borrowed" in your car when diving
Actually there is a point to taking boats other places than Klein - no need to worry about "Don't #1." And some might consider the boat more convienient.

Are you saying that when diving at Bonaire they tell you not to pee in the ocean? If so are you serious? Brian.

Damselfish:
Actually there is a point to taking boats other places than Klein - no need to worry about "Don't #1." And some might consider the boat more convienient.

rufous:
Are you saying that when diving at Bonaire they tell you not to pee in the ocean? If so are you serious? Brian.

Yeah, that's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If you took 10,000 people out in one square mile of ocean and all peed at the same time, it still wouldn't have any noticable affect. This has got to be a joke.

im going august 8/14-21, does anyone have any infomation about the weather then? Does it rain alot then?

aquasport:
im going august 8/14-21, does anyone have any infomation about the weather then? Does it rain alot then?

It will definitely rain a fair amount, about four times as much as it does in March or April. It is also during hurricane season so you have a chance of that too. Other than that it should be fine.

rufous:

"Don't #1" referred to the posted list of things to do/not do in Bonaire -- #1 was "don't leave anything in the car." Sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom