Tips for Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe this is how urban myths are born? :) For all we know this one is already off and running ...

Pettifogger:
My list of Dont's:
5) Don't forget to get your "leave the island" pass from the airport on the day you get there to avoid the lines on the day you leave (if ever)

We'll be traveling to Bonaire in May (23 days to go!!) and I've never seen a mention before of a "leave the island" pass ... can anyone explain this - and where exactly you get it at the airport???

Diver Kat:
We'll be traveling to Bonaire in May (23 days to go!!) and I've never seen a mention before of a "leave the island" pass ... can anyone explain this - and where exactly you get it at the airport???
There is a booth at the airport and it is cash only I think. You don't need it until you arrive at the airport to leave and I believe it is $20 a person. It is technically a departure tax and you cannot board your plane without the little receipt from the booth.

O-ring:
There is a booth at the airport and it is cash only I think. You don't need it until you arrive at the airport to leave and I believe it is $20 a person. It is technically a departure tax and you cannot board your plane without the little receipt from the booth.
Ahhh ... now it makes sense! I knew about the cash for the departure tax - but didn't know you could pay it in advance ... thanks for the explanation!!

Diver Kat:
Ahhh ... now it makes sense! I knew about the cash for the departure tax - but didn't know you could pay it in advance ... thanks for the explanation!!
You're welcome! :)

O-ring has it correct, it's $20 usd. You can buy it at any time but you must get it before you get your boarding pass so make that the first thing you do when you get to the airport. How about the Marine Park Tag, do you know about that?

herman:
How about the Marine Park Tag, do you know about that?
We're doing a full package through Deep Blue View B&B, and they include the Marine fee in the package. Luckily they take care of pretty much everything for us .....

erikharwell:
i will be there from may 8-15, I cant wait.
Alan & I will be there from May 6-15, so maybe we'll run into you .... or make sure you go to Gibi's on Tuesday night - apparently everyone on island meets there for dinner every Tuesday .....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom