Tips $$$$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100 bucks? maybe for a weeks worth of diving. I will leave like 20 a day into the tip jar. I am not made of money and spending 2 x 500 + on a weeks worth of diving is tough as it is.

Hey everyone, I was recntly asked by a friend what a reasonable tip would be for the guide and crew. I told my friend that if the crew is awesome and the guide did a great job, split a $100. $50 for the tip jar and $50 for the guide. Reasonable? Thoughts and input wanted. Thanks.

just realized how much you said you were tipping...
would you like to come dive in St. Croix? we would be more than happy to have you!

if every diver tipped $100 for a 2 tank dive, I'd be able to retire soon. although very much appreciated, that is way more than necessary.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=17.744429,-64.705702

10-12% would be adequate for an average to above average experience. Less (to none) for a horrible experience. More for an excellent experience.

just realized how much you said you were tipping...
would you like to come dive in St. Croix? we would be more than happy to have you!

if every diver tipped $100 for a 2 tank dive, I'd be able to retire soon. although very much appreciated, that is way more than necessary.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Lolz! Yea, just threw out a figure based on a great experience with the posibility of gettimg to dive some really cool wrecks...

Thanks for the input so far everyone.

Deleted, said something funny only to someone who had consummed 1 too many.

I did a 4N/5D live aboard a couple of years ago in Thailand, the Thai crew were amazing, friendly, always smiling and laughing as were the cook and captain, they all got 500baht each from me. The DM got nothing, all he did was take his own photos and said maybe 10 words the whole week. The non Thai crew weren't particularly friendly and spent a lot of time talking about what amazing divers they all were. The collective tip jar got nothing.

I hate tipping. Everywhere. Scuba pros should get paid well. Ha ha. I just DMd my first pool session tonight and got paid $10 and free entry (courtesy of owner/instructor) to the YMCA pool. Lets start a thread on how much DMs should be paid............

There really is not a correct amount or percentage. Base the tip on what u can afford and how well the dive op performed, you can also ask the manager(someone off the boat) what is a common amount per dive/day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom