Titan LX versus Titan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdteague

Registered
Reaction score
This will be a LDS purchase to be used in shallow, warm water diving. First reg purchase. I have not used adjustments on rental regs.

mdteague:
This will be a LDS purchase to be used in shallow, warm water diving. First reg purchase. I have not used adjustments on rental regs.

I dive beaver lake and the surrounding area in arkansas on the standard titan rig , i have no experience with the LX , but the titans seem to be well built , with easily serviceable second stages (even at depth heaven forbid) , and i have yet to notice any orientation in it that breathes wet , or hard . I know you said shallow and warm water but it may be nice to know that this set hit 42ish degree waters below the thermocline in early march , i was breathing hard , and it never showed any signs of freezing up on me the entire time.

I think both regs are very good. I have the LX and love it. I dive in the fairly cold waters of the pacific northwest and have never had a problem with freezeup or anything. I've taken this reg down to 128' and had no problems with its capacity to deliver enough air. My LDS told me that the second stage of the LX is basically identical to the aqualung supreme reg, only you don't have the over-balanced 1st stage.

mdteague:

The two regs have the same first stange. Only difference is the second. The LX is "ballanced" while the plain Titan is "unballanced". But both share the same ballanced first stange.

While both will work well for you use the LX will breath easier. I've used Titans and they will supply enough air and take a beating too, But the LX will simply require a little less effort to breath.

The LX second stange is slightly more complex and uses air presssure in place of a spring presure. Or I should say "uses a lighter spring". So there is lless force required to open the air valve. Put another way: It's the slight vacuum you make byinhaling theat opens the valve, the LX will require a bit less of a vacuum to open.

Both have lifetime warentee if bought through a authorized dealer and locally (So Cal) the "Tital is seling for $149.45 which is less than LP's price AND you get the lifetime warenty

you have to spend considerable more money IMO to get a better reg. Have 4 of them and love em'.

Our local prices are of course higher, but I can live with this. The Titan is going for 225 and the Titan LX for 329. There is a 75 dollar discount (through July) on the LX from Aqualung, which puts these two near the same price.

Would prefer a simple set up without a bunch of switches or adjustments. I suppose the Titan LX probably would not need much or any adjustment in my easy going less than 75 feet, more than 75 degrees, and minimal current dives that I like to do.

Thanks for your help.

Love my LX.. easy breather

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom