Tobermory Shore Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trucker girl,
You really should plan a trip to Tobermory. You can do some shore dives and shallow boat dives that are a little warmer and the vis can still be very good. Toby is a mecca for divers - you can meet divers from all over - there is a great atmosphere there.

We had a minimum of 62 degrees down to 60 feet, 20 foot shore dives ranged from 64-67 degrees. Below 60 feet is where it got really cold, the 43 degrees someone mentioned is what we had below that thermocline so it's about the same temp as the tubes at Gilboa. There are plenty of shallow dives to fill a trip, you can go up there and have a great time without ever going deeper than 60 feet. The Niagara II sits in 100 feet but most of the interesting stuff is in 60 feet or less.
Ber :lilbunny:

Good info- thanks. Maybe I'll come next year... maybe not... think I can rig up a little water heater or something to take down with me? I did Monterrey 2 dives last year and that was about 52 degree water both dives. And I toughed out 4 dives at Gilboa on Wednesday- went to the tubes and beyond with Barracuda 2 and looking for the elusive paddlefish (no, we didn't see one).

I could tough out a couple days of chillyness...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom