Too old for tech?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TDI will come around sooner or later :p

Maybe so, but I am betting TDI maintains it's progression of courses. For me I saw no use in trimix of any configuration prior to normoxic/hypoxic ranges...but there is a certain market for those seeking hyperoxic mixes and the limited profiles they allow. :)

Normoxic trimix works well in the one-bottle range.

Personally, I've been noticeably narked on air at 90 feet out here in socal. 150 or 160? No thanks.

Normoxic trimix works well in the one-bottle range.

Personally, I've been noticeably narked on air at 90 feet out here in socal. 150 or 160? No thanks.

We are all lucky that there are varying options in training different agencies offer....this 'is a good thing'!!! :wink:

Last edited:
Thanks for good points texdiveguy and Blackwood. Friends wife (he trimix tech diver, she AOW) get narced at 90 feet all the time. He said, they could calibrate depth gauges by her. :D

What is your body Fat %? That has an impact on DCS probablility.

We are all lucky that there are varying options in training different agencies offer....this 'is a good thing'!!! :wink:

Most certainly. Mix and match is a good way to jump start wellroundedness.

Wow thanks for all the responce I have learned several things from all of you and that mainly I need to increase or at least maintain my current level of fitness and so I can with confidence say that those of you that are instructors (I'm Dayo because of location) will be hearing from me real soon and for the rest I'll see you on the bottom or in the cave!

meant to say I'm thinking dayo because of location.......must be that memory thing

Thanks for the plug for Dayo Scuba. We would love to work with you and I am looking forward to meeting with you.

Peter Friedman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom