Trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duzzzz

New
Reaction score
Hey,

Could someone help (check my answer) me with calculating my trimix mix. I am so bad with these. My answer was 14/47 but I am not sure if it is correct.

I use these values:

depth 90m
1 ATM / 10m
p.p. O2 1,4
narc O2 = narc N2
narc H2 = 0,24
END 40m

I get 13/48 or 14/47 depending on model assumptions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jax
Hey,

Could someone help (check my answer) me with calculating my trimix mix. I am so bad with these. My answer was 14/47 but I am not sure if it is correct.

I use these values:

depth 90m
1 ATM / 10m
p.p. O2 1,4
narc O2 = narc N2
narc H2 = 0,24
END 40m
I just plugged it into multi-deco. You did your maths correctly

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

A number of off topic posts have been removed. The OP asked a straightforward question, let's keep the answers straightforward.

Further bickering or off topic speculations will be met with harder sanctions.

Thread moved to Technical Diving Specialties which is a more appropriate forum for discussing a 90m dive on hypoxic trimix

Last edited:
I assume you are a trimix student working your way through the academic portion of the course materials. Make sure to talk to your instructor about this issue. He or she might have a lot to say about the concept of best mix in addition to what those materials say--I know I would.

I asked a question about how tursiops got the 13/48 solution. I would really like to know. The problem of 10ATM and ppO2=1.4 seems like the answer would always have FO2 of 14%. But, I have no training in trimix or calculations for a depth of 90m. I'm trying to learn here.

Why did that get deleted?

Indeed, 1.4 is a pretty high pO2 level for the actual dive. I was given a limit of 1.2 for tech dives working phase. But then we also use a max END of 30m.

Indeed, 1.4 is a pretty high pO2 level for the actual dive. I was given a limit of 1.2 for tech dives working phase. But then we also use a max END of 30m.
I have trimix training through 3 different agencies, and all 3 had different teachings on this topic. In fact, in one agency I was taught one thing in the normoxic trimix class and another in the hypoxic trimix class. The answer your instructor will want for a question of what to dive at what depth will vary by agency and instructor. What you will actually dive under those circumstances can be a very different thing altogether.

Indeed, 1.4 is a pretty high pO2 level for the actual dive.

I wasn't attempting to question that. I understood the OP to be calculating a mix based on given dive parameters that include a depth of 90m and a target max ppO2 of 1.4.

In that case, I would like to understand what model or assumptions tursiops is talking about that result in having an option for a calculated mix that has FO2 of 13%. As I said, I don't have training yet in trimix or special calculations for diving as deep as 90m. From what I know so far, I would have expected the answer on the mix to always have FO2 of 14% and the FN2 and FHe to be what is really being calculated.

Like I said, I'm just trying to learn more. Even just a keyword or two to search on or a link to something I can read would be appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom