Trip planning for Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a reply I posted to another person asking a similar question--my wife and I did 17 dives in 6 days--they also offer night dives--

We just got back from Occidental Allegro-great deals right now--on the south end--nice grounds, a real beach (most of the reorts don't have a natural beach). it is all inclusive type place with good booze and ok food. food equivalent to other all incluisive's we stayed at on the island (e.g., Fiesta Americana, Hotel Cozumel) Rooms clean and nicer than the other places we have stayed.

We used the dive shop there (dive Planacar) and were pleased. Welcome to Dive Palancar, Watersports Operator for The Occidental Hotels & Resorts Cozumel.

Great deals currently--we booked through fronteir air--also American Air had good package deals

There is stuff to do for the non-divers--pools--beach etc.

Greg

First of all my wife and I are Palace Members (we do offer to allow others to take advantage of our membership). We stayed at Coz Palace in Jul (Our 2nd trip to Coz - first one for a full week). We dove with BlueXTSea (Christi). Christi has 2 boats - a 6 and an 8 PAX. She will pick you up at Coz Palace's dock. My wife and I did 15 dives over 7 days of diving. Coz Palace is an all inclusive fairly upscale resort just south of where the cruise ships are docking. A few block walk to the shopping area in town. I don't have the extact cost but figure around $1700 US for a couple for the week for the Palace plus airfare. Christi does real well with divers that dive all week with her. You bring your gear to the boat on the first morning - typically an 8 am showtime and they keep it all week - they will rinse it nightly and it will be all setup for you when you get to the boat each morning. Christi's web site is Cozumel Diving: Blue XT SEA Diving, Cozumel Mexico and the Palace Resorts website is Palace Resorts - Welcome to the Official Site - Christi also lurks here often and will respond to posts.

Our Jul trip was great, the Coz Palace is one of the smaller Palace resorts, but it is an ideal base for scuba diving. They are very professional and the rooms are quite nice. The pool is pretty good, although there is no beach - the resort is built in front of reef instead - we never got in the water there, but there is an area roped off to snorkel - we saw many taking advantage of this. Palace provides all the necessary gear as part of your package. The package also includes some tours if your wife doesn't want to hang around the resort.

PM me if you'd like to find out more

Lee

I am also a member of Palace resorts. You will find that the food and service at Cozumel Palace are at the top of the spectrum. Aqua Safari is an excellent dive op but any of the other operators will also pick you up at their dock too. The resort is located close enough to the shopping district that you can actually walk there without needing a taxi and a taxi to anywhere in town is only $3.

I used ScubaTony for my trip this past August and will definately use him again as he tailored the dive profiles/locations to fit our desires. He can also accomodate you if you want to go spearfishing on the mainland or cenote diving on the mainland or the island or even if you want to go snorkel with the whalesharks north of Isla Mujeres.

See palaceresorts.com and scubatony.com...

Back
Top Bottom