Trip Report: Raja4Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some scoffed at the site, liken it to the zoo...
A zoo??? That's just crazy of them to think of it like that! I'll bet these are the same people that swim right up to the cleaning stations with their massive DSLR's and monster strobes and frighten the mantas away for the rest of us.
If the viz is down then the "fence" does seem a touch too far from the cleaning stations. But I'm not complaining. It really is an amazing dive.

Ahhh.. . You will be flying back just before I fly over...just after NY
Which resort are u visiting, Stalker? ;-) [Look forward to amazing photos from u!]

A zoo??? That's just crazy of them to think of it like that! I'll bet these are the same people that swim right up to the cleaning stations with their massive DSLR's and monster strobes and frighten the mantas away for the rest of us.
If the viz is down then the "fence" does seem a touch too far from the cleaning stations. But I'm not complaining. It really is an amazing dive.
Haahaa, I guess some people get to dive a lot more frequently than us & don't care for "guaranteed" sightings... Only bad behaviour was a diver w a dslr & 2 very long arms pronged him/herself (no conclusion after our group debated... :p) on the "pillar" of the fence...
Viewing was fine, I was wishing for more zoom power from my XZ-1 for photography...
(Side-track: love the photo of the little puffer-fish fr your Lembeh, the details are amazing!]

Oh, I want to add that we dived from 2 boats which went to different dive sites & the team will do their best to give the divers a good sample of the various dive sites...

Hi Folks, looks like we'll be booking this resort soon. Hope you will consider us for a trip to Pulau Pef. The resort manages the entire island and has its heart in conservation. Only 18 divers max at any time. Talk about personal service! Unlimited diving and free nitrox. Book at trip for 2013 now and get 2012 rates!

Website Scuba Diving Destinations - Vacation Specials - Liquid Diving Adventures

Facebook Liquid Diving Adventures | Facebook

Last edited:
Its just a ring of broken coral and rocks. No more than a foot high.

(Side-track: love the photo of the little puffer-fish fr your Lembeh, the details are amazing!]

Thanks Xariatay, that little guy was so tiny and so cute!

Oh, I want to add that we dived from 2 boats which went to different dive sites & the team will do their best to give the divers a good sample of the various dive sites...
For the price they are charging I should hope they are doing their best! :wink:

Its just a ring of broken coral and rocks. No more than a foot high.

Thanks Xariatay, that little guy was so tiny and so cute!

For the price they are charging I should hope they are doing their best! :wink:

Well, exclusivity & remoteness comes at a price... ;-) Standing at the patio & looking out, I could pretend that we were the only people around... The remoteness reminded me of southern tip of Maldives (haven't been to Komodo, should be quite remote too?)...

NOTE: THIS RESORT RATING SHOULD BE 5 STARS NOT ONE STAR!!
Just returned from 2 weeks at Raja4Divers--Fantastic resort with the best of Raja Ampat diving!
:D DSC_7519.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom