Trip Report: Shore diving at Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was the Punta Sur - Cathedral dive site. It was just criusing, against the current, along the reef.
Yes...really enjoyed your report, pictures and video. I will be at SCC (and solo) for the first time 20-28 June 2009. I appreciate your information! Do you think I will be able to buddy up easily for shore dives from SCC?

Mary

Yes...really enjoyed your report, pictures and video. I will be at SCC (and solo) for the first time 20-28 June 2009. I appreciate your information! Do you think I will be able to buddy up easily for shore dives from SCC?

Mary
Hi Mary, There is really no structure to the shore dives the way there is for the boat dives, so if you are not going with a group or buddy, I am not sure about the best way to go about coordinating with someone to do shore dives.
Not everyone who goes there does shore diving.

I would start by posting here on SB.
Then I would ask to put up something at the dive 'shop' when you get there.
It's not a public place so it is quiet most of the time.
On the boat and at breakfast & lunch, there is plenty of time to ask around and see if there are other single divers who want to buddy up.
Alternatively, and possibly, most likely, you can join an existing buddy pair.
I don't think you will have a problem.

Mary

Do you make friends easily? My wife and I returned last weekend and my experience is if you make friends with your boatmates then no problem getting a buddy.
A fun shore dive is to gear up, then get a cab to take you to the lighthouse, 3 USD.
Enter at the beach and drift back to SCC. We did this at night and saw tons of octopus.
I suggest you beach dive first so you can recognize the area when you get to it

Do you make friends easily? My wife and I returned last weekend and my experience is if you make friends with your boatmates then no problem getting a buddy.
A fun shore dive is to gear up, then get a cab to take you to the lighthouse, 3 USD.
Enter at the beach and drift back to SCC. We did this at night and saw tons of octopus.
I suggest you beach dive first so you can recognize the area when you get to it
Yes...I think I make friends very easily. As for the lighthouse drift to SCC...HOW in the world would I recognize it? The Pyramid? Any other parameters you can give me? :confused: Ya'll are getting me excited about this trip. I am sure I can find a buddy/or buddy couple!! The night drift dive sounds fabulous!

Dive the area during the day you'll see the old pier remnants and other items unique to SCC.
Before you reach SCC's dock you'll pass by one other dock. That's your clue that your close.
Before you go look at the line floats that define SCC's area. Be sure the current is going left to right (this is the norm, but it can change I hear). If not wait until it is.

Back
Top Bottom