Trip report : Tawali resort Milne bay PNG March17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FT:
Pictures and text fill me with longing. Has Tok Pisin taken over from Hiri Motu in Milne Bay Province now? And um, how expensive is a week of diving and lodging?
Hi, thanks for your comments.
Hiri Motu emi strong tumas : taem mi stap lo ples ia mi no bin toktok Pidsin wantaem, ating olketa blong Milne bay emi save toktok Motu!

Expensiveness... oh well... main problem in PNG (*sigh*), that said Tawali have promotions from time to time so I suggest you contact and write them directly, TBH I don't see the advantage of going through a travel agency, as they pick you up from and to the airport. I would be sure you get the best rates from the resort itself. You can book AirNiugini online as well.

Last edited:
Tenkyu tru Luko. Olsen sapos mi no stap long Mosbi, maski long stadim Tok Pisin gen. Lord, I'd sound like Rip van Winkle.

Time to start saving the pennies, and to convince the other half that visiting PNG forty years on wouldn't be hyper-depressing above water.

FT:
Tenkyu tru
That's where we differ :D .. I (used to) speak bislama (a long long time ago even before Rip fell asleep) so I would have written "Tankyu tumas" and never used "Maski" Anyway... sapos you wanem tok pidsin mo beta you traem ko Nort long Kavieng na Walindi. Bambae olketa i kolim yu wantok.

thanks for sharing such a great trip report of such a far away place from me..your photos are fantastic and i enjoyed seeing them.

Great pictures. What gear are you using for photography? Envious of course. I'm thinking back to PNG next year. I was thinking (northern) summer but maybe fall would be better for nudis?

Thanks

Thanks for your comments, rushman and Manneca.
Great pictures. What gear are you using for photography? Envious of course. I'm thinking back to PNG next year. I was thinking (northern) summer but maybe fall would be better for nudis?
Fall is supposed to be the best time in PNG when water is colder, I think northern summer conditions are windier, though still diveable.
As for camera gear I am kitted up with serious stuff, Canon 70D in Nauticam housing, 10-17 fisheye for wide angle shots, macro usually 100mm lens and Aquako addon lens, 2 Inon Z240 strobes sometimes a Retra snoot.

That's where we differ :D .. I (used to) speak bislama (a long long time ago even before Rip fell asleep) so I would have written "Tankyu tumas" and never used "Maski" Anyway... sapos you wanem tok pidsin mo beta you traem ko Nort long Kavieng na Walindi. Bambae olketa i kolim yu wantok.

Luko what are you saying about Walindi?

- Bill

Hi Bill, he was just saying that Tok Pisin (the pidgin of northern PNG) has not yet taken over from Hiri Motu (the pidgin of southern PNG, the former Papua) in Milne Bay, and that Kavieng and Walindi are dive spots where Tok Pisin would be useful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom