Tripadvisor for Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing I like about SB is that you can follow a persons posts and can determine if you like the same things in a dive resort or a dive site.
This allows a comfort level that the review is factual and can be relied on.

DD

A problem that I see with reviewing specific dive sites is that you can have vastly different dive conditions depending on the day, month, season, etc. As an example we were at the same dive site in Belize in June of this year and August of last year. The current conditions at that site were like day and night on those different days, months, and years. Last year was a lazy, relaxing, enjoyable dive: this year the dive was very hard work--challenging, but not much fun. Another problem is that on boat dives, the dive crew frequently picks the dive sites based on the conditions of the day, and hopefully to meet the general desires of the customers. So you may not have much input as to where you will be diving. Also, what might be a great dive site for one diver might be very boring for a another diver, or one that wants something different than what is available at the specific site. When in Bonaire several years ago, many of the divers in our group were really excited about diving the Hilma Hooker. So was I until we got there. Not being wreck penetration qualified, I found the upside down ship to be a total waste of air, other than diving over the two reefs to get to the wreck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom