Tropical storm coming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree it's a ways out, but Windy accurately predicted the path of TS Alex from the Pacific to the Atlantic.
Never used "windy". But they all use the same model data, just presented differently. SFWMD updates their models more frequently, and I prefer looking at the individual raw model lines rather than a "cone". You can also download auto-updating KML files with the ensembles.

But it's wrong the other 84,598 seconds. Windy was correct for several days, which is a rare feat among the meteorological community.
OK.

it is also a rare feat to predict the correct path of 2 storms.

another thing everyone needs to remember is that the area that is to be effected is the center of the storm, not the outside range, so if the storm goes up or down in that window it changes future forecasting.

as I am not an expert out here, I will leave experting to others.

Never used "windy". But they all use the same model data, just presented differently. SFWMD updates their models more frequently, and I prefer looking at the individual raw model lines rather than a "cone". You can also download auto-updating KML files with the ensembles.
Did you see the new format the NHC sent out this past storm? it had little colored squares for different hazards?

I will try and find the link to it . . . I got sent it through work, municipality.

And if you
Did you see the new format the NHC sent out this past storm? it had little colored squares for different hazards?

I will try and find the link to it . . . I got sent it through work, municipality.
I think they've started doing that with regular thunder storms too. It's frustrating, because it's constantly changing.

If you really want to have fun with hurricane tracking:

And if you

I think they've started doing that with regular thunder storms too. It's frustrating, because it's constantly changing.

If you really want to have fun with hurricane tracking:

This is the link - it a quick and easy way for laypersons to see the pretty colors and know when do be worried, and when not to be (only to proceed to ignore the warnings). . .

Also, thanks now I'll never get that laundry done this afternoon . . . shucks.

Evennif ut hits, it is very fast moving. It will be West winds for a few hours. Max winds hittind North Bonaire is 30 knots at midnight Wed night. By 10 AM Thursday is normal winds from South East.

Evennif ut hits, it is very fast moving. It will be West winds for a few hours. Max winds hittind North Bonaire is 30 knots at midnight Wed night. By 10 AM Thursday is normal winds from South East.

Agreed. Do you know if it might have a lingering effect on currents?

Is 30 kts that much more than standard wind there? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom