Tropical Storm Paloma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoke to my daughter a short while ago. The resort staff has already been sent away. Brac reef divers will have a meeting some time today and then they will be evacuated as well. The lone remaining grocery is giving out food to the residents.

She and the other dive staff were to help unload the navy ships.

She has heard that operations would be shut down anywhere from a few months to a year. All speculation at this point.

She's a worker and I know that it's going to be hard for her to leave with so much to do.

To echo what baitbailer stated, brac reef resort and divers will have to shut down for a period of time for reconstruction. I was able to talk to my daughter during the entire storm and i'm just grateful that everyone on the island came through alive. The dive staff will be leaving after a few days of cleanup and organization for reconstruction. If you had ant plans for going to Brac in the next few months then i'm sorry to say that you will have to fall back to plan B. The wife and I were going to spend Christmas on the Brac with our daughter ourselves. But at any rate looks like we'll have her here with us for a while.

This was one scary weekend.
God help those that now face the long road back with rebuilding.

Having just spent a week on Brac only two weeks ago, I am deeply sorry to hear the devastation that Hurricane Paloma brought to Brac Reef and the island.

PePaw, I am glad to hear that your daughter, staff, local residents and guests are okay. Thanks for the update - keep us posted on the recovery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom