Tuesday weigh-in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, with this past week being Passover, where it's no flour or corn or rice allowed, it turns into a big meat and potatoes and eggs holiday, so it's been a difficult week to start a diet regimen. I managed to maintain my weight, which is good enough for me, and now I'm going to start focusing on getting into a better eating routine.
So, 0 loss, but also 0 gain for me!

WW Flex points and this board has helped me alot. I made it through the Easter weekend, family dinner, eating out two nights and working extra long hours. My total weight loss for the first week was 1.6 lbs. I am very happy to lose that l.6 lbs. I wish it were 3.6, but it is a healthy amount to lose. I am not trying to lose really super fast, it will come back even faster.

I have just one question though, are all of those losing more than 2 lbs in the week all men? If so that just proves it that men lose more and faster than women. You guys are awesome! Whether men or women!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :dazzler1:

OK, I was 217.4 at WW on 4/3/04 and a tad under 215 this morning (balance scale, I'll call it 214.8).

Chalk up a -2.6# for me. (Well, for 10 days, not a week, but give me a break -- I'm on vacation!)

-Rob

seaangel:
I have just one question though, are all of those losing more than 2 lbs in the week all men? If so that just proves it that men lose more and faster than women.
LOL! This "fact" has caused some minor issues in the past when my wife went on a diet and I was just along for the ride and lost MORE. Not dieting, but eating less because my wife was making less for dinner. With both of us doing WW for the past 59 weeks, it's a lot easier to keep a common (though individual) goal in sight.

-Rob

222#. Down 7 from Tuesday and 2 from Thursday. Being a single guy, I'm not tempted by Easter. And giving up soda was not too hard. However, the company had an all-you-can-eat hotdog party today at lunch. That was very tough to resist.

Thanks for the inspiration folks,
Chris

Big T and DoUDive2 both lost 7 lbs in one week.. WOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOW.
I have never been able to do that. (I think losing just 1 lb is hard)
Congrats to all for losing and for trying!

2nd week begins for you today! Keep up the good work.

OK ... Only -1 for me, 206 to 205#! However, I just started a new cardio workout today that I found a link to in another thread. It's HIIT (high intensity interval training) although I'm just getting started so the intensity is not too high yet! :wink:

If you want more info do a google on "HIIT"

Eric

I wasn't expecting to lose anything over Easter, but i did (somehow) manage to shed 1 lb, which brings me to 212.

HIIT is one of the optimal ways to shed fat, but from what i have experienced it takes more commitment than other less stressful forms or work out. I guess it doesn't have to be stressful...but if you want results, you gotta get out of the comfort zone :)

I might take up my HIIT routine that i was doing a while back. What I did was walk at a fast pace for 27 seconds, then sprint at full pace for 9 seconds. Repeat this for about 40 minutes. I was dead at the end but the results were amazing. BUT because I hated doing it I only stuck with it for about 3 weeks :(

The way I see it though is that if the motivation is there, it can be done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom