Tusa RS-230 regulator - good choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wlo93 once bubbled...
Cold water performance could be an issue, as that is something that might be a factor, as am not doing most of my diving down south. I was in a LDS just yesterday and they were pretty high on the Mares regs.
I had a RS-130 and it froze up 2 weekends in a row I traded it for a RS-230 that more or lesstook care of the freezing but i would not rate either of them higher than fair .
Joens

I have only heard bad things about Tusa regs...I would steer clear if I were you. They are not very popular, and you will have a hard time getting them serviced.

What is your budget? I'm sure there are much better regs in your price range.

I'm getting the sense from everyone here that the Tusa regs are not that highly sought after .... After having done some more reading and asking around, I'm leaning towards the Genesis GS2000 or the Mares Abyss. I'm hoping to keep the cost to around $300 at the top end.

and loves it (older Imperex model) BUT it is not recommended for water colder than 47*! So might not be great for Canada.

well, here is someone who now has three 1st's of the same TUSA regs, the TR 390(TR400 is the new one) with the full adjustable 2nd's(four of them)and they are my main(7ft hose), back up(necklace worn) and extras for back up and stage bottles. they are a very simple Balanced piston and robust design and i have not had any problems with them. i can be totaly upside down and they breath well, and not wet, and work fine to 130+, and the way i can suck air, i have not been able to over brethe them, and i do all my own serviceing of them. they are not as well known as others in the US, and have had some issues with some mags screwing up some tests on new units, so you dont see them tested like the others. i will keep mine...and cold water kitting any reg is very simple to do if you need to. just where i am now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom