Question Twin setup different mixes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless your diving a Choptima in Open Water with BM LP50’s doubled. Dil in one tank, Nitrox in the other.
If there's a manifold in between and a person is running different mixes in each cylinder, they're just stupid.

If I was running a Choptima in ow with 50s on my back I would use the dil as my bailout. If there's something that requires a deco gas, I would sling a 40.

What happens when the isolation valve gets opened by a well intentioned person? And for an oc diver, what happens when you lose the reg you're using? Let's not even discuss gas verification before switching...

It's just as stupid as different gas in each sidemount bottle. I really don't even know where to begin...

Can you be more clear and to the point please?? 😜

I probably could beat around the bush a bit, but this one is so far removed from common sense that it's easier to call it out and move on. 🤣

Mine aren’t, but only because they were purpose built for my Choptima

Would you actually either allow or encourage a student to run different mixes in each cylinder of a manifolded set?

Bad idea.
Dangerous.
Stupid.

If I was running a Choptima in ow with 50s on my back I would use the dil as my bailout. If there's something that requires a deco gas, I would sling a 40.

Ever had to bail out on air instead of 32%. It sucks.

What’s the downside of having 32 on the right side for your buddy or your bailout and air on the left side to run the rebreather? I assume you don’t dive the Choptima or at the very least aren't very good at it. :)

I’ve never heard of such a thing before, but this fella on the Facebook is adamant that you can run different mixes in each cylinder on a twin setup.
Seems like bad advice, but then again I’ve been wrong before.
View attachment 789840
There are a lot of stupid people in the world. Stupid people always think they’re right and like to tell everybody about it because they’re “different” than everybody else.
You found yourself a post by a stupid person. Easy to see and easy to ignore.

Would you actually either allow or encourage a student to run different mixes in each cylinder of a manifolded set?

Nope. You did see where my doubles were purpose built for my Choptima right?

If you’re side-mounting bailout/dil on any rebreather, are you putting air in both tanks? Of course not, so why is it any different if it’s on your back.

Attachments

• IMG_5604.jpeg
    IMG_5604.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 66
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom