Two Coz questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingjd:
<-- snip -->
Coming back from town, the same rule doesn't apply, but just remember what you paid to get into town and insist on paying the same, or maybe just a few pesos more, to get back to the hotel.
<-- snip -->
When returning to your hotel always try to catch the taxi on the water side of Raphael Melgar, it is usally cheaper. and definitely avoid the taxi lineup by Punta Langosta.
Learn the very helpful phrase "Cuanto questa para <your hotel name>" and use it before you get in the cab

94GTStang:
I will agree on that as well. I loved their beach area. Here are some pics of it.
Did they expand the beach in the renovation??
I noticed your third picture, I don't remember it being on the on the left side of Dive House (from the hotel looking toward the ocean).

ggunn:
Aw, c'mon. Lots of folks like the Fiesta Americana. It may not register as high on the Swank-o-Meter as the Presidente once did and may again some day, but it's just fine for many people. Plus, the OP said he was going in December, I believe, and you said yourself that the Presidente may very well not be open by then.
Yea, that's what I was thinking.

I don't know what happened to Mawg when he was there, but I felt it was a great hotel with kind service/staff. Plus it isn't too far south to make going to town impossible and the dive ops pick you up on their nice pier.

Maybe we need to make a "where should Fishoutofwater stay in December" poll?

94GTStang:
Yea, that's what I was thinking.

I don't know what happened to Mawg when he was there, but I felt it was a great hotel with kind service/staff. Plus it isn't too far south to make going to town impossible and the dive ops pick you up on their nice pier.

Maybe we need to make a "where should Fishoutofwater stay in December" poll?

Mawg is entitled to his opinion too. He would probably dislike my fave as much as I would his. What is a plus for one person can be a minus for another. He might prefer to wait till his fave is rebuilt whereas I would be happy to sleep in a shack on the shore if thats what it took to dive sooner rather than later. :wink:

Mawg,

For what it's worth...I always heard mixed reviews about FA prior to Wilma and Emily. However, I've had numerous guests stay there since Wilma and all have had nothing but great things to say...and many of these are people that usually stay at El Pres. and have said after staying at FA, El Pres isn't worth the extra money. Even if doing the AI plan at FA, the price still allows you to eat in town a few nights or more if you desire.

They did alot of revamping, new staff, new policies, etc. Some of the praises that stick in my mind are:
  • Excellent staff...friendly, professional, helpful, accommodating
  • AI plan allows you to order off the menu, not straight buffet
  • Cerveza on the AI plan is canned, not tap
  • All the bottled water you want is included on the AI plan, instead of filtered tap water
  • Exceptionally clean
  • great value

I haven't stayed there personally, but I just know that I've heard not one complaint from any of my guests...and believe me, I hear about bad hotel situations.

BTW...I have no financial gain by recommending FA. I do not offer packages with them or receive any financiial compensation for recommending the hotel. I jsut know that it is a very affordable and enjoyable option for most.

Christi:
Mawg,

For what it's worth...I always heard mixed reviews about FA prior to Wilma and Emily. However, I've had numerous guests stay there since Wilma and all have had nothing but great things to say...and many of these are people that usually stay at El Pres. and have said after staying at FA, El Pres isn't worth the extra money. Even if doing the AI plan at FA, the price still allows you to eat in to

I stayed at the FA in 2002 with friends who wanted to stay there. I dont have anything neg. to say about the hotel. I would easily rate it then and now as the # 2 hotel on the island and probably the best value for a hotel that I have personal knowledge of in Cozumel. I PREFER the Presidente because of 1. location, next to Caleta, $5.00 dollar cab ride to town, great beach, nice diving/snorkeling in front of the hotel and the architecture , I love it. Been staying there since it was a Stouffer Property.

NadMat:
Mawg is entitled to his opinion too. He would probably dislike my fave as much as I would his. What is a plus for one person can be a minus for another. He might prefer to wait till his fave is rebuilt whereas I would be happy to sleep in a shack on the shore if thats what it took to dive sooner rather than later. :wink:
Oh, I am by all means understanding of others opinions. I just wanted to see what his view was, that's all. :wink:

Mawg, thanks for the follow up post. After reading all these posts, I am curious about El Pres.. I wouldn't mind trying it out if and when I go back.

ggunn:
Aw, c'mon. Lots of folks like the Fiesta Americana. It may not register as high on the Swank-o-Meter as the Presidente once did and may again some day, but it's just fine for many people. Plus, the OP said he was going in December, I believe, and you said yourself that the Presidente may very well not be open by then.

Gordon Gordon ....... Tuck that left wing and come in for a landing. I didnt say I didnt like the FA. Most of the posters here are looking for a " deal " when they ask about a hotel. This person asked specifically about the Presidente. I know a lot about the Presidente. He said he was thinking about Christmas. That is an expensive time to come to Cozumel no matter where you stay.And, by the way, as a kid, I grew up living in a trailer park at the end of Telephone Road. What money I do have today , I EARNED.

Mawg:
Gordon Gordon ....... Tuck that left wing and come in for a landing. I didnt say I didnt like the FA. Most of the posters here are looking for a " deal " when they ask about a hotel. This person asked specifically about the Presidente. I know a lot about the Presidente. He said he was thinking about Christmas. That is an expensive time to come to Cozumel no matter where you stay.And, by the way, as a kid, I grew up living in a trailer park at the end of Telephone Road. What money I do have today , I EARNED.

The only response I can come up with is "huh?" ;^)

The OP said that he was probably going to stay at FA, and you responded that it would be a "Big Mistake". As to the rest of what you said, I am still scratching my head trying to figure out what in the world you are talking about. It appears that you took something I said as some sort of personal slam on you. I assure you, such was not my intent. I apologize, though, for whatever it was.

No harm , no foul Gordon. I have great respect for your opinion and vast knowledge of Cozumel. I hope that we can meet some day.

Patrick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom