Types of drygloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dave4860: Drygloves for temps above 70? If the water here was that warm, I'd go bare handed! Maybe I'll look for some less bulky drygloves and try those out. I do need to figure out where my leak is coming from, but neoprene is fine with me now.

I know, I know....wuss. :shakehead:

Sometimes I'll use 3mm neoprene wet gloves, but I just love the dexterity of the vinyl drygloves with light liners!

Hmm....bare-handed.....maybe I should try that.....nah, our 70-degree water is a little too creepy for that! :D

Dave C

Last edited:
Viking classic rings for me. Cheap gloves from the hardware work great. Easy on and easy off. If you get a leak it is your own fault since you can see the entire seal on the glove.

I have never had any luck with the si-tech dry glove ring system... at best I can get one hand to stay dry, and I have like a half dozen docking systems with rings and can't seem to get any of them to work right... The new system out by viking is really nice, it uses a glove that actually stretches over the docking ring on the cuff of the suit, it looks like it would work really nicely but I haven't tried them...

These drygloves are the simplest and most economical solution to cold water diving.

Purchase them here, or cheaper still --buy in bulk, glue on some drysuit wrist seals and make your own. . .

I bought my latex seal dry gloves here for $68. Scuba Center - Nordic Blue Dry Gloves - - Nordic Blue 301 and 302 - - Great for Diving, Fishing, Sailing, Rafting, Kayaking, and more...

I dove them on Saturday and was perfectly dry. You need to take the time to fit them properly so that you can get them on & off as well as allowing for proper circulation. You can have all the insulation you want. If you don't have good circulation, you WILL have cold digits, dry or wet.

Well I think I found why my left dryglove was allowing water in. I don't think it's the glove at all. I was looking at the inside of the left arm of my suit today after I noticed my whole left arm was damp, and the aquaseal on the inside at the joint of the arm and wrist seal is peeling away, allowing water to seep in. I wear my liners under my seals so it allowed the water to wick into the glove. So I guess I'll have to run my suit by the shop to have them seal it back up (last time I had some aquaseal peel away in the crotch and they fixed it for free) I've really had good luck with my DUI, only two minor seeping leaks, most of the time it keeps me bone dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom