Una Una and Togeans Vs Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found the diving in Triton Bay to have superior reefs, fish, nudi's and pygmy seahorses. Plus you don't have to share the experience with 100 of your closest friends ;-)
Assuming time off is not an issue and price is not the most important factor while considering the effort to get to Triton Bay, how many days do you suggest is good? I’ve been to Raja Ampat many times by liveaboard and land based as well. For context, 14 days in just central RA was not too much for me. Would you suggest a stay of 14 days for Triton Bay in this case? Thanks!

Assuming time off is not an issue and price is not the most important factor while considering the effort to get to Triton Bay, how many days do you suggest is good? I’ve been to Raja Ampat many times by liveaboard and land based as well. For context, 14 days in just central RA was not too much for me. Would you suggest a stay of 14 days for Triton Bay in this case? Thanks!
I think you could easily do 14 days at Triton Bay

Here is a link to the dive sites: Dive Sites

Triton Bay (5:31 min) video by Naucrates underwater videography 👍👍👍👍

Last issue (November 2022) of Alert Diver Magazine on Triton Bay

Triton Bay looks awesome with that remoteness that keeps the riff raf away, but so does the price :eek:

Getting there too appears to be quite lengthy too.

Just a quick glance at websites...

Looks like possibly two days of travel each way from Jakarta with overnights in Sorong or Kaimana.

Flights from Jakarta are about $800 USD on Batik/Lion/Wings
Two hotels about $100 usd.

Ten days/3 dives per day at Triton Bay Divers four double occ- about $3350 USD
Ten days/3 dives per day at Triton Bay Divers four Single occ- about $$4300 USD (Cough. I'll shut up.)

There are some marine park fees, tips, etc...

So for a couple? Maybe $4,500 per person? Sound right-ish?

Silly question - any idea why do they quote 21% hotel tax on their website? VAT in Indonesia is 11% I believe. Sneaky service charge?

French journalist/diver article on Triton Bay Divers if you can read french or accept autotranslation in english (click english button in the menu).
You can also browse her other divetrips once you're there, it's quite complete on Indonesia.

As for someone living in the EU asking, service charge is mandatory for hospitality businesses in Indo, 21% is often charged in Indonesia for hotels : (11% kabupaten hotel tax + 10% service charge ) service may vary from 5% to 10% (likewise in many countries of the EU charging service in their bills, Belgium for instance).
Therefore you'd normally needn't tip, but then it's up to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom