Urgent reply/alternative needed Post "FRANK" damage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kilawing? is kinilaw in Iloilo? We do have a variation of that here in Central America called ceviche, which is just the same as kinilaw but with no vinegar....and limes instead of the preferred calamansi.
Where did you eat? Tatoy's. Breakthrough? Ernings? mmmmm...all those places are great. How is the typhoon damage there?

uga is dry in cebuano. dont know if the same in ilonggo. if so, uga=tuyo=bulad.

suka can be puke or vinegar. depends on intonation.

@jag:hito in a seafood resto? isnt hito a freshwater fish? regardless, bring some home.

Kilawing? is kinilaw in Iloilo? We do have a variation of that here in Central America called ceviche, which is just the same as kinilaw but with no vinegar....and limes instead of the preferred calamansi.
Where did you eat? Tatoy's. Breakthrough? Ernings? mmmmm...all those places are great. How is the typhoon damage there?
ate at breakthrough... but i still get kilawin and kinilaw mixed up... someone told me some time back that they were different...

the raw fish in vinegar one? that's the best there is... add a little sinugba... mmmmmmmmmmm...

@jigo: wish i could bro... but you have to be there to get it hot... and in sinamak w/ toyo... and sili... and and and...

@hank: city proper and the breakthrough area you wouldn't think a storm had been there... some bent billboards but not much more...

the road from airport approaching the city proper (jaro?) showed some damage, lots of debris piled up along the sides of the roads, you can see where flash floods deposited layers of mud or washed away shanties and trees...

in the honda, ford and yamaha dealerships you can't tell the diff between a brand new unit and one that has been left to rot under the elements for a few years

but get this, and i take my hat off to the ilonggos, i was a bit apprehensive about being a gregarious host when there was potentially all these bumm-fudged people there w/ their homes washed away... i wasn't even expecting a decent turnout for the race - these people, after all, had more important concerns on their minds...

the runner target was 7,000....

7,300+ showed up at the starting line... all smiles... all pumped...

and a cheer dance squad from jaro 1 elementary took home the 1st prize trophy...

they hadn't had school since it all happened...

they rock! :god:

Jag

Back
Top Bottom