USD Rockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flipper Goodness Scale:

(Worserer) Rocket Fins 0 <----------------everything else----------------> 10 Jet Fins (Gooderer)

N

And where would my old DACOR Turbo II's fit in?

Right about 0.5, not quite as bad as wearing lead boots. About the only fins I can think of that sux as much as "Retro"-Rockets are the Dacor non Turbos.

Comparison of Jet Fin vs Rocket blade stiffness held at the same % of length.

Jet:

DSCF0004-1.jpg

Rocket:

DSCF0005-1.jpg

Do you think one of those fins is stiff like a 2X4?

N

Rocket & Jets are both make from rubber. They look somewhat alike. Rockets are one of the worst fins I've ever used. Jets are the best.

I would be returning them asking for my money, including shipping, back. If they were advertised as Jets and they are Rockets, you got ripped off.

I love my Aqualung Rocket II fins. They produce lots of power, and when I want to kick hard and go fast - which is most of the time - they are there for me. The large foot pocket fits my booties real well.

I bought a $200 pair of Atomic Splits and they were nice but too long and floppy and not enough thrust, so I sold them and bought Aqualung Rockets.

Many years back I used SP jets and they were great also.

Somewhat below (worserer--Nemrod speak) than the Rocket Fins. I have two sets of Dacor Turbo II, and they get stiff as a board over time. My Rocket Fins seem to have weathered better, and are still usable after twenty + years. But my Scubapro Jet fins have lasted since the 1970s without change, and are the best of this type of fin.

I was surprised to see that the Rocket Fins are still sold by Aqualung, and that they have a Rocket II fin now. I have no experience with the Rocket II.

SeaRat

I was surprised to see that the Rocket Fins are still sold by Aqualung, and that they have a Rocket II fin now. I have no experience with the Rocket II.

SeaRat

They make for excellent target practice.

N

You shoot my old rockets your liable to be hit by the bullet bouncing back :D

I wish I'd known they sucked so bad before I put a few hundred dives on them, LOL

I have Jets now, but somehow, when I was young & dumb I made maybe 300 dives using Rockets. No idea how that could be possible...

I wish I'd known they sucked so bad before I put a few hundred dives on them, LOL

I have Jets now, but somehow, when I was young & dumb I made maybe 300 dives using Rockets. No idea how that could be possible...

I put plenty of dives on those very Rockets in my picture I posted but that does not mean they did not suck, I simply did not know any better, now I do.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom