UWATEC / ScubaPro Prime computer question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajithf:
By the way you guys were right about the Aladin. There seems to be a problem with the IR device and they replaced mine without a murmur. I think they should do a general recall.

It happens with lots of computer here in my market. My Aladin Tec died on me a few weeks ago. I got a replacement straight away..........with a Aladin Tec 2G. Have yet to test it. Hope they got the problem solved in their newer models. Fingers crossed.

Aloha
They have a problem in that they need Non standard batteries. I was told that they recommend only using Renata brand batteries. I know that the Duracel brand dies on me after only a few days.
Aloha
Turtleguy9

Turtleguy9:
Aloha
They have a problem in that they need Non standard batteries. I was told that they recommend only using Renata brand batteries. I know that the Duracel brand dies on me after only a few days.
Aloha
Turtleguy9

What size and model of battery? Do you have any more info in-depth?

I also own an Aladin Prime. The safety stop timer is fixed at 3 minutes. But for the Aladin TEC, it can be set either between 3 to 5 minutes (as stated in the manual).

The computer unit of my Prime was also replaced by ScubaPro Asia-Pacific after dying out last June. I got it back after 2 months because they had to fix it in Hong Kong (where ScubaPro Asia-Pacific is located). Although they replaced the computer unit, they didn't replace the battery with a fresh one (what's up with that???). And since I still had a few more months in my warranty, I changed the battery locally through the local distributor just to play safe.

The Aladin 2G is a 2007 model and will replace the Aladin TEC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom