Uwatec smart pro battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been able to reset all three now. The trick is, you must have a wrench icon after you replace the battery. If not, disconnect the new battery, reconnect, wait for wrench to appear. Then, jumper pins as shown in these diagrams. Computer will beep once if done correctly. Temperature will stop flashing after a short time. Note, battery level "timer" is not reset. Dunco has posted photos for Smart Com and a procedure that works.

I replace hundreds of these batteries every year and will do yours for $50. Dive Computer Battery
This includes a test dive to 100 feet. Computers are refilled with the correct mineral oil.
Warning: The solder pads under these batteries are very thin and easily damaged.
(I take no responsibility for damage caused by your self inflicted misfortune.)

View attachment 111198Smart Pro

View attachment 111199Smart Tec

Red rectangle denotes pins to jump.

Hello,

I have see the picture for the smart pro.
My smart pro is not the same the rev is 'D'. Do you know the pins to jump for take the reset ?

Thank you,

Emmanuel

Yes, there are those of us who prize older Uwatec DC's more than most of us want to admit. Rugged, simple, and unbelievable battery life. When I'm diving NDL my VR3's stay home in the locker, only my S/P BT and SmartPro get to play.

Took great pains to recover a lost child: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...uwatec-battery-what-kind-oil.html#post5906117 but not quite there.

Mine was carefully maintained and S/P replaced the battery for free. (THANKS!!!)

However, the kid modified his housing and lost any chance for free battery replacement. :depressed:
Kate be a hero, how do we reset our Uwatec SmartPro DC's? Alternatively, can I send the modified unit back for free battery replacement???

Kate,
Please....

Hello,

I have see the picture for the smart pro.
My smart pro is not the same the rev is 'D'. Do you know the pins to jump for take the reset ?

Thank you,

Emmanuel

Hello, my board :

2011-12-29 12.02.50.jpg

Sorry, any equipment modified by the end user is no longer eligible for warranty or parts/battery benefits.

I do not request a warranty.

Just how to change myself and reset the computer

For my warranty, I use a suunto :wink:

hi all, i tried the procedure, but when i connect the battery, the display shows E6 (seems to be a sort of battery related error) and the reset does not work. i will let you know. mine is rev.E1.
regards
vi3da

p.s. For my warranty, I use a suunto too. Never again an Uwatec/Scubapro computer!!

hi all, i tried the procedure, but when i connect the battery, the display shows E6 (seems to be a sort of battery related error) and the reset does not work. i will let you know. mine is rev.E1.
regards
vi3da

p.s. For my warranty, I use a suunto too. Never again an Uwatec/Scubapro computer!!

Viterda: Have you tried the procedure outlined by tbrady in a previous post in this same thread? He says you have to connect and disconnect the battery until a wrench symbol shows up.

Should read "you must have ONLY a wrench icon after you replace the battery."

I have been able to reset all three now. The trick is, you must have a wrench icon after you replace the battery. If not, disconnect the new battery, reconnect, wait for wrench to appear. Then, jumper pins as shown in these diagrams. Computer will beep once if done correctly. Temperature will stop flashing after a short time. Note, battery level "timer" is not reset. Dunco has posted photos for Smart Com and a procedure that works.

I replace hundreds of these batteries every year and will do yours for $50. Dive Computer Battery
This includes a test dive to 100 feet. Computers are refilled with the correct mineral oil.
Warning: The solder pads under these batteries are very thin and easily damaged.

Is there any special trick in jumping the two pins?
I have a wrench after battery change but if I jump the two pins nothing happens.

PS Suunto gave me new computer internals for my D6 (3,5 years old, 750dives) for 100eur including new battery. The computer malfunctioned but it was outside the guarantee period. Never again scubapro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom