Uwatec smart pro battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got it!

To jump the batteries I used a bend paper-clip. As for the oil, I used non perfumed/scented baby oil.
The computer still shows the wrench and 60% battery life but I got it in dive mode and will keep it next to my D6 as a comparison on the next dive.

Thanks for all the info about changing the batteries in this computer.

Cheers!

I had the e6 error. Showed my buddy during deco and he wrote down the meaning as he had seen it in the past. I sent it in for replacement battery (forget what it cost, it was battery for life, but recall paying for shipping and testing?)

I have since modified the case to put bungee cord on it since the strap was shot and I couldn't find a new one. Now it appears the case is opening up as the seam across the top. I don't think tightening the screw will help, but I'll check it. Anyone else seen this?

Hello thierry,

malheureusement je n'ai pas trouvé de solution.
j'ai toujours l'ordinateur demonté.

if someone has the solution. I'm interested

Emma and Thierry:

I am facing the same problem you guys confronted. I have an Aladin Smart Pro with Rev. D circuit board on my working bench. Clearly, the jumper contacts shown by Tbrady on this same thread do not exist in this version of the circuit board. Did you guys went ahead and replaced the battery and then were unable to restart it or simply stop short of changing the battery? I am trying to guess what contacts to short, but does not seem obvious. I wish Tbrady surprises us with a hint about how to proceed to bring this creature back to life. He claims being successful in reviving the three version of this computer ( Pro, Com and Tec), but has been silent since you pointed out the difference on the board of the Smart Pro. I refuse to accept that nobody has been able to crack this little monster.

Revision D Smart Pro continues to confound us on how to restart it. Unfortunately, I do not own one of of these but would like to continue trying to fix it. I have contacted one of the original engineers from Uwatec who no longer works there but was no help. All the Smart series are reset by Scubapro using infrared and special software. Some of the models have a shortcut on the circuit board that allows restarting them by jumping 2 pins. The revision D does not have this option. I would like to experiment with a revision D Smart Pro if someone would like to donate one to the cause. It will be returned to you with a new battery at no cost if successful. PM me if you would be willing.

Thanks Tbrady for shedding some light into this case of resetting the Smart Pro Rev. D. From what you said (which has also been confirmed by Milan from the Czetch Republic) it seems to be a case closed on a sad note for now. The computer I have sitting on my bench is not mine and the owner prefers to keep it as a souvenir rather to lend it to "the cause". Sorry for not being able to contribute to "the cause" and thanks again for coming out of silence.

I just replaced a battery in a Smart Pro rev E1. Before I finished, I traced the reset pins. Attached your will see where I labeled the reset pins, and the pin on a IC where one goes. The other goes to the negative side of the battery. I confirmed this by doing a reset jump between battery (-) and this pin on the IC. Now I need someone with a rev D to try a reset by jumping from battery (-) and the pin indicated in my pic. You must have the wrench symbol on the screen before trying this.
SMARTPRO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom